Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The morning after "Death by Seduction"

Good Morning!

I also had a release last night! I'm Anna J. Evans and "Death by Seduction" is one of my favorite stories (of mine, lol). Cale and Morgan obsessed my imagination from the second I started writing. They're both so stubborn and delightfully wicked. I had a blast writing about two people who loved each other, but who weren't necessarily 'the good guys'. (Though not really the bad guys either, lol). I'm posting their 'first kiss' scene below. Hope you enjoy it!

I'll be back later to post another 'cerpt and give details on my Summer of Seduction contest. You could win a basket of beachie goodies and an autographed copy of one of my summer releases.

Thanks so much!

Anna J. Evans

http://laughoutloudsexy.com

Excerptage:

"Take my hand, Cale," she said, holding out her tiny hand. He knew the slightest touch could cause his insides to become outsides, a completely undesirable condition any way you looked at it. He’d be spattered against the far wall before he had time to realize that he was dead and he’d always preferred to go out with a little more dignity.

"Make me a promise, first."

"Traitors don’t deserve promises, but I won’t kill you today. I can’t make any
promises about tomorrow," she said calmly, as if she were discussing the temperature in the room or whether or not they should stop for coffee before the end of their shift.

"I guess that’s all I could ask for," he said, placing his larger hand in hers, a
shockwave of sexual awareness coursing through him as her fingers curled around three of his own in an intimate little caress. How could he still be lusting over her at a time like this? He supposed old habits died hard, even when your subconscious knew you were probably enjoying your last few hours among the living and the woman you were lusting after just might kill you.

"It’s more than you should ask for. I’d kill you now if I didn’t want you to suffer first," she said, starting to lead him from the small white room.

"Then why don’t you kill me now? I’m not really in the mood to suffer," Cale said, retaining his hold on her hand but rooting his feet firmly to the ground, stopping them both in the doorway to the cell.

"I don’t give a shit what kind of mood you’re in, and neither does anyone else,"
Morgan snapped, finally starting to look angry as she tugged at him, her attempts to lead him forward turning into a struggle to free her hand. She couldn’t use her magic if she wasn’t going to kill him and without magic she wasn’t much stronger than a human woman her size, though he knew she could take a hell of a lot more damage without truly getting hurt.

"I don’t give a shit about anyone else," he said with a calm smile.

"That’s abundantly obvious, you son of a bitch," she hissed, a hint of pain in her eyes that almost made him reconsider his plan. Almost.

"Name calling. That hurts, but not as much as you want me to hurt. Why don’t you use your magic, Morgana, splatter my heart against the wall and we can get this over with."

"The Fey don’t lie. I promised not to kill you today and I have to keep that promise, you know that, Cale. Cut the shit or they’ll have a team down here to cut it for you," she said.

"You think they’re watching?" he asked, smiling again.

"You know they are, dumb ass. Now let go of my hand or I’ll bite your arm off."

"I’m not going anywhere until you tell me why you’re here," he said, pulling her into him, pinning her arms against his chest before he pushed her back against the frame of the door.

"Let go of me," she hissed, struggling and kicking until he pulled her up in the air and used his lower body to pin the rest of her to door. Having her this close with her robe parted up to her waist would have been erotic as hell if they weren’t about to kill each other and she didn’t look angry enough to follow through with her threat to sever his arm with her teeth. He stayed away from her mouth just in case.

"Tell me what I want to know Morgan and I’ll let you go."

"Let me go and I’ll tell you what you want to know," she said, holding still for a
second before she resumed her struggling with twice the effort. He was forced to push even tighter against her, until he could feel her hipbones pushing into his waist and his lips were an inch from her own.

"If you bite my face, I’m going to kick your ass," he said, willing his body not to
respond to the smell of her, the feel of her, and failing miserably. His cock always had a mind of its own when sex combined with a little bit of danger. Add Morgan into the mix, and he was doomed.

"I didn’t realize you got off on violence," Morgan whispered, looking up into his face with wide eyes, actually seeming a little shocked to feel the beginnings of an erection against her thigh. She was so petite that, with her face even with his own, his cock was positioned directly beneath her entry, ready to slide inside her if they were wearing fewer clothes.

"I don’t, I get off on you. And you know I’d never hurt you. I’m just keeping you from hurting me," he said, fighting to breathe normally though the level of tension between them ratcheted up several notches when she shifted slightly in his arms. He saw her start to breathe a little faster as she became aware of his cock growing even longer and thicker between them.

"I don’t know anything about you," she said, hurt clear in her voice for the first time. It was the hurt that undid him.

"You know how sorry I am. If I’d thought there was any other choice I would have made it," he whispered almost against her lips, resting his forehead on hers and begging with his thoughts for her to understand.

"Me too," she whispered back, surprising the hell out of him when she closed the distance between their mouths, rubbing the satin of her lips against his for a second before she gently pulled his bottom lip into her mouth and suckled him, running her tongue over and over his sensitive flesh.

"Morgan," he moaned into her as his hands released her wrists and her legs parted to wrap around his waist. Then his tongue was sliding past her teeth, tasting her, claiming her, finally knowing what it felt like to kiss his best friend and the only woman who had ever entirely captured his imagination. Hungrily he pressed closer and felt her push back with equal passion, tongue swirling against his as if she would consume him from the mouth down.

He knew the cavalry would be here to help her any minute, had planned on it, in fact, since overpowering whatever guards were sent to corral them seemed the only way out of the present situation. But he couldn’t help but wish they had a few more minutes, or maybe a few hours, to see where this kiss would lead them. He was considering mumbling that wish against Morgan’s lips when she suddenly drew one hand away from his shoulders and then, just as suddenly, slammed her fist back down again.

"Shit!" he screamed as pain blossomed through his right arm.

He turned his head to see a small knife protruding from the thick muscle just below his shoulder and that second of lost focus was all it took for Morgan to shift in his arms again, bringing her knee hard up between his legs and shoving him back against the other side of the door.

Cale let out a muffled sound of pain and doubled over as a wave of pure agony shot through his groin. For some reason, the damn knee in the nuts hurt more than the blade in his arm. He was used to being stabbed and occasionally shot, but it had been a hell of a long time since he’d let anyone get close enough to sucker him between the legs.

"Like I said. Me too," Morgan said, eyes cold once more, as she stepped out of the doorway and out of his reach. "Now get your ass in the bedroom before I damage something we’re going to need."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh lah, Anna! Whoot!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Sherrill Quinn said...

Yay, Anna!! It's finally here!

1:46 PM  
Blogger robynl said...

Yowzers, and I was already heated up; it's 30 here today.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Anna J. Evans said...

Thanks guys :). I'm so glad to be SExing with everyone, lol.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders