Thursday, June 29, 2006

Do you do NASCAR?

Do you do NASCAR?

As most of you know--and probably some of you don’t know--I write sensual NASCAR themed romance. How did I get interested in this stock-car racing sport, you ask? Well let me lay it out for you:

Growing up in Washington State, I began riding dirt bikes when I was an infant. How you ask? My mother used to carry me in a front pouch and my sister rode the back.

Yes, I was raised a tomboy, folks. Sunday, became NASCAR day, where my family would sit down and enjoy all day car racing and crack crab. I'm sure that sentiment brings back fond memories for all of you who did the same.

Here's the history... In the 60's my mother drove the powder puff racing category of drag cars and eventually married my father, who was a mechanic. That was until she decided to have children, and therein lies the story of my tomboy upbringing... instead of boys, my mom had two girls, so she had to make due. But she never really gave up her racing roots, and she decided to trade racing for motor cycle riding. Seemed like the safe way to go.

So my fascination with NASCAR began, you could say, from birth ;). Now I write about the sport, the sexy drivers, the sassy heroine’s--it’s so fun to write I can’t resist.

Stay tuned for my next NASCAR themed romance coming soon from http://www.Liquidsilverbooks.com, Driving Me Insane. You can read about all my NASCAR books here: http://raemonet.com/nascar_heat.html

Here’s a picture of one of the driver’s on the NASCAR stock car circuit… not sexy at all, huh? What an inspiration for a romance, huh… and guess what, he’s a bachelor. This is from the February issue of ESPN Magazine.

So tell me, have you ever NASCAR’d? If not, do you want to now?

Author Rae Monet
http://www.RaeMonet.com

19 Comments:

Blogger Rae Monet said...

Oh I saw cars, I absolutely LOVED it!!!! I love car racing, I guess it brings back really fond memories. My dad's passed away now, so I love to trip down memory lane when I go to a race ;)

10:57 AM  
Blogger LISA WILLIAMS said...

Nope, I have really watched NASCAR only when the news show the cars which really dangerous.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Rae Monet said...

Yes, I do think that element of danger is what keeps a lot of fans coming back. Like watching a train wreck, go figure our fascination, as a society, to watch things go smash...

11:08 AM  
Blogger Edie Ramer said...

Rae, I'm such a non-NASCAR type of person, but seeing that racer on the magazine cover could change my mind. *eg*

11:10 AM  
Blogger Rae Monet said...

No doubt, LOL. I met him, he's really sweet too. To top it off. And he has this great smile, *sigh*

11:35 AM  
Blogger Rae Monet said...

Jr. holds a special place in my heart as well. He's old school NASCAR, from a long line of Southern boys ;).

12:05 PM  
Blogger jennyowl said...

I've never nascared and don't think I have the patience to sit under the sun to watch the entire race. That's why books like yours work better for me.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

i'm not really into car racing as a sport, but i think i have read a few romantica books where the circuit and racing played a big part - and i enjoyed them very much!

Elizabeth
www.elizabethsreviews.blogspot.com
Contest 4 A $10 GC In Progress (C Blog 4 Details)

1:23 PM  
Blogger Bonnie Dee said...

My husband's a racing nut but for Formula cars not stock. However, he was a dirt bike racer growing up and likes to watch that even more. As a matter of fact, he's going to a dirt bike race this Sunday while I ... am going to the beach. We learned long ago that we have little in common and neither of us is going to do something that bores us to tears. He can't stand to lie on a beach or swim any more than I can bear to breath in fumes and dust at a hot race track all day.
I love your family story. It's a unique upbringing.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Rae Monet said...

Well, Jenn I don't have the patience to stay that long and watch either. I like to watch them on TV more, then you're in the comfort of your own home.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Rae Monet said...

I hear ya Bonnie.

I do love a good sports themed romance, Elizabeth.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Darragha! said...

I don't do NASCAR. But I know many women who LOVE it.

I do,ocassionally watch professional bull riding.

I've always thought that sports should be played like the very, very (good) old days when the losing team is eaten by the winning team.

Sorry...I'm not a "car" person.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

I have been to several NASCAR and Busch Races...I also try to watch each race each week, but I am not upset if I miss them. I am not a diehard fan though I like it very much...I am usually doing something else while the race is on in the background.

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been to races - don't like the smell of the track and tires, gas, peeling rubber... yuk.

But in the case of this hot driver you have up here and your way hot characters [I love your books], I would make an exception in a new york minute.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Estella said...

Love NASCAR! Go Jimmy Johnson!!!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Rae Monet said...

Yes, the HOT drivers do make the book, don't they, LOL.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Rae Monet said...

Jimmy's doing very well this season ;)

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! No not into it but yummy looking guy.
Hugs!
Lisa R.

2:10 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I love Nascar. It's on every weekend in our house. Even my 4 year old daughter gets into the racing!
Actualy, we like all racing in our house. We even went to a Formula One race for our honeymoon!

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders