Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Coffee with the Devil King


He is the master of orgasm-by-kiss.
He likes chocolate cake for breakfast.
He isn't above causing power outages to get his way.
He's a bit Veruca Salt.
Oral copulation with him is a whole new experience, because
He's a shape-shifter. Oh, my!

He's the Devil King of the Sixth Heaven.
And he's waiting for you to claim him. Tame him. *Do* him. He's waiting...here...

Go get him.

Incidently, I wrote Devil King of the Sixth Heaven after having a similar experience in a mall, at a coffee bar. Gods only know who you'll meet at the mall, huh? Would you like to know more about my one-on-one, real-life experience? Would you?

I'll pick one winner from today's bloggers to receive the Liquid Silver ebook of her choice. Additionally, I'm running a contest on my website...take a look here

Now...go find the Devil King...then tell me all about it...--Darragha

Liliah held her brownie up to her lips. Chocolate. Sacred chocolate. It was her Eucharist. Her rescuer. Her drug of choice. She closed her eyes. She willed the fat and carbs of the decadent treat to vanish. She stopped herself from wishing the calories onto the heinies of the girls. Karmic retribution could be painful.

Pushing aside thoughts of fattening up the girls, Liliah touched the tip of her tongue to the glossy ganache frosting atop the moist, chewy fudge brownie square. The taste of the chocolate cascaded through her body like an electrical jolt. Her nipples tingled and hardened. She raked her tongue across the frosting, enjoying the rich, satisfying, silken texture. Washed in a bath of tryptophan and phenylethylamine, chocolate’s feel-good chemicals, her headache and mood improved.

That’s when she saw him. He entered the mall like a superstar entering an arena of adoring fans. The sight of him took her breath away. An icy chill enveloped her from head to toes. Her spine tingled. Her unused and neglected womanly attributes awakened. Pressure, desire and need attacked her nether regions. She squeezed her legs together. She couldn’t take her eyes off of him. He was simply beautiful. He had the tall, athletic build of a super-athlete, but moved with the grace of a dancer. Liliah realized her mouth was hanging open. Embarrassed and hoping no one had noticed, she locked her lips together. The man was literally jaw-dropping gorgeous.

Her arms suddenly began to throb with an ache that she knew could only be cured by wrapping them around his neck. Her hands tingled. She wanted to shake them out by kneading his powerful shoulders. And as for that dire, empty sensation between her legs … well … she knew what she needed there, too. Him.

The man’s pace was even and fluid. He nodded a greeting at the elderly gentlemen sipping coffees near the mall entrance. He smiled at the owner of the Tandoori chicken stand grinding spices for the day’s offerings. He waved his hand faintly at the uniformed mall janitor pushing a broom around the theater entrance. He strolled by as if they were his subjects and he, their king.
Dressed simply, he made a flannel shirt and Levi’s look good. His walk accentuated the tightness of his faded blue jeans. His thigh muscles were clearly defined. So was his package. He must have a Hickory Farms Beef Log stuffed in his shorts. Damn!

Liliah set her brownie aside. He’s walking this way! And he’s sizing me up! Jeez—I hope it’s me he’s looking at so intently. Hers was not the only female attention he garnered. The silence of the teen girls and the absence of whirring noise from the barista’s espresso machine proved that. Liliah glanced over to the coffee bar. The girls were huddled together, trembling—gazing at the
man like cows staring into the headlights of an oncoming train.

The barista’s face had gone ashen.

Liliah snapped back to the real world as hot coffee dribbled onto her hand and lap. “Dammit.” She slipped off her stool to retrieve some napkins.

Approaching the barista, she whispered, “He’s a babe, huh? ”

The coffee bar attendant nodded. “I’ve never seen such a handsome man before in my life. God, I hope he buys a coffee.”

Liliah nodded, whispering, “He walks as if he owns the mall and everyone in it. He knows we’re looking at him. I’ll bet he’s counting on it. He’s a bad boy. He’s the kind of guy that accepts nothing less than total adoration. ”

The barista smoothed her apron. “I could use a bad boy about now. ”

Liliah turned to face her. “Get in line, honey.”

26 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i've been blessed to have read this and believe me ladies! RUN RACE SPEED to your PC and download this as soon as possible! with this guy who needs toys? boyfriends? hubbies? :} we should all be so lucky!
annie

9:34 AM  
Blogger LISA WILLIAMS said...

I loved the excerpt and he sounds yummy.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Sasha White said...

WOW! It looks very very yummy!!!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Shuck Ying said...

What a hot except.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Deborah Chan said...

A shapeshifter.I love them.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Bonnie Dee said...

This cover catches me every time. I always stop to study it, because the guy is different from your typical romance cover 'type.' He's atypically attractive. I like that.
Thanks for the hot excerpt to jump start my morning. Now I just need a pot of chocolatty mocha goodness to finish the job.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sounds good!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Darragha! said...

The man who sized me up (and down and 'round and 'round) at the mall looked very much like the dude on the cover. I know it was Loki. I knew it then. And he really, really wanted me to recognized him. He walked like he was an orgasm incarnate. Man. He inspired and awakened so much in me that lovely day at the mall.

Darragha

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds great! Love the cover!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Darragha! said...

Dawna, you do have your own personal little Loki. I'll make sure you meet up with him...

12:02 PM  
Blogger Darragha! said...

I'm giving away chocolate at my website. Go check out my contest page at www.darraghafoster.com.

Gods, I'm giving away all kinds of stuff.

Erotic tarot readings, sticky notes, bookmarkers and gods only know what else.

Just tell me what you want in the 'contact form' and include your snail mail address and email address.

D.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Darragha! said...

I just looked at the site meter for Silver Expressions Blog. I'd like to thank everyone for playing today...but especially the viewers from Saudia Arabia and Iceland!

Since I am a total Icelandophile, and of Middle Eastern descent, I welcome, welcome, welcome you!

Oh, I must not forget the Japanese & Chinese page views, too! Since I practice a form of Buddhism, I'm very excited to see Asian visitors!

This is exciting!

Darragha

12:22 PM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

If your one-on-one, real-life experience involved oral copulation, in a mall, at a coffee shop, you better believe we wanna hear about it! *bg*

The cover and excerpt are fabulous! One day I shall again win my choice of a LSB and I'm going to pick this one. HA!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Jude Mason said...

Wow, this bad boy sounds amazing. Congratulations Darragha!

12:27 PM  
Blogger Darragha! said...

These are the top 100 viewers today, so far. Incredible, huh? Look where we're all from! Again...this excites the living daylights out of me! -- Darragha

1
United States King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
2
United States
3
Canada Vancouver, British Columbia
4
Jordan Amman
5
United States Cornwall, New York
6
United States Anacortes, Washington
7
United States King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
8
United States Tarpon Springs, Florida
9
United Arab Emirates Dubai, Dubayy
10
United States Everett, Washington
11
United States Liberty, Missouri
12
United States Hayward, California
13
Germany Ludwigshafen Am Rhein, Rheinland-Pfalz
14
Singapore Singapore, Dakar
15
United States Everett, Washington
16
United States London, Kentucky
17
Canada Webb, Saskatchewan
18
Canada Port Coquitlam, British Columbia
19
United States Richland, Washington
20
Canada Port Elgin, Ontario

21
United States Solon, Ohio
22
United States King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
23
United States Pekin, Illinois
24
United States Springfield, Missouri
25
United States
26
United States Silver Spring, Maryland
27
United States Richardson, Texas
28
Canada Markham, Ontario
29
Canada Edmonton, Alberta
30
United States North Liberty, Iowa
31
United States Fitzgerald, Georgia
32
Japan Tsu, Mie
33
Canada Stouffville, Ontario
34
Singapore Singapore, Dakar
35
United States Saint Paul, Minnesota
36
United States Phoenix, Arizona
37
United States Denver, Colorado
38
United States Lady Lake, Florida
39
United States Manhattan, Kansas
40
Spain Madrid

41
United States King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
42
Canada Toronto, Ontario
43
Australia Bundamba, Queensland
44
United States Bellingham, Washington
45
Singapore Singapore, Dakar
46
Serbia and Montenegro Beograd
47
Jordan Amman
48
United States King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
49
United States
50
Moldova, Republic of Chisinau
51
United Kingdom Seacroft, Leeds
52
Iran, Islamic Republic of Golestan
53
United States Chesterfield, Missouri
54
Saudi Arabia Riyadh, Ar Riyad
55
India Delhi
56
Sudan Khartoum, Al Khartum
57
United States Chicago, Illinois
58
Sweden Kista, Stockholms Lan
59
Australia Melbourne, Victoria
60
Ireland Dublin
61
Belarus Minsk
62
United States
63
United States Livonia, Michigan
64
Iran, Islamic Republic of Isfahan, Esfahan
65
Saudi Arabia Riyadh, Ar Riyad
66
United States Vancouver, Washington
67
Canada Montral, Quebec
68
United States
69
United States Huntington Beach, California
70
Korea, Republic of
71
United States Bridgeport, Pennsylvania
72
United States Media, Pennsylvania
73
United States Moss Point, Mississippi
74
United States Appleton, Wisconsin
75
United States Winter Garden, Florida
76
Korea, Republic of
77
United States Stone Mountain, Georgia
78
United States Monroe, Louisiana
79
United States Montesano, Washington
80
Canada Edmonton, Alberta
81
United States Huntington Beach, California
82
United States New York
83
United States Strykersville, New York
84
Canada Victoria, British Columbia
85
United States Halstad, Minnesota
86
United States
87
United States Virginia Beach, Virginia
88
United States Norristown, Pennsylvania
89
United States Woodville, Massachusetts
90
United States
91
United States Tarpon Springs, Florida
92
United States Saddle Brook, New Jersey
93
United States New York
94
United States Portland, Oregon
95
Canada Markham, Ontario
96
United States Whittier, California
97
United States Sussex, Wisconsin
98
United States Gretna, Louisiana
99
United States Clermont, Georgia
100
United States San Antonio, Texas

12:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the cover and the excerpt! I so want this book!

Lawd have mercy Darragha I didn't think men like that existed in real life. You lucky woman, to have not only seen him but to have him notice you.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Darragha! said...

Oh, my...you want to know details of my little romp in the mall that inspired Devil King of the Sixth Heaven, huh? OK.

The excerpt is my experience. I saw him. He saw me. We saw each other. He was absolutely breathtaking. I could say he had a face like an angel, but no, no, no...he had the smile and guile of a devil.

After using this guy as the villain in Love's Second Sight (he became my "Loki" in that book, and Devil King), I wrote Devil King of the Sixth Heaven using that wild, ethereal, sensual encounter at the mall, my imagination, and my poor husband, locked in the nursing room attached to the family restroom as "research." Hey...if we couldn't get away with doing it in the nursing room, how could my heroine, right?

OMG! I told a secret!

Darragha

12:45 PM  
Blogger Bonnie Dee said...

First, let me say completely out of left field, my daughter's cat is named Loki.

Second, how in the hell do you get those stats from the site meter? I need to learn how to glean that kind of information, especially on my own website.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Darragha! said...

Gosh, my cat's name is "Kitty-Girl." My Muse's name is Loki!

Bonnie, I'll email you instructions for finding the stats when I get home from 'le day job' which is where I'm posting from today...

So, any of you reading Devil King yet?

Darragha

1:39 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

Sounds great!!!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Melanie L said...

Chocolate, coffee and a hot man? Boy! That sounds just about perfect! Loved the except!

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!! Loved the excerpt and the cover is fantastic! The excerpt made me want to read more!! :)

5:29 PM  
Blogger Pamk said...

dayumn you can't stop there that excerpt was hot. I absolutely loved. Now I am off to your site to check it out.

6:20 PM  
Blogger ladycat713 said...

And where is this line , exactly? I really want to know.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Darragha! said...

Tamara: Line? What line? Which line?

Can I give you a line?

7:49 PM  
Blogger Darragha! said...

Loki is a god, true enough. However, he's an ALL MALE god who gave birth to a colt. Ouch.

He has a lovely romp through Devil King of the Sixth Heaven. Almost as much fun as he had in Love's Second Sight!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders