Sunday, June 25, 2006

A return to normalcy!

Yay for normalcy! I've been like a chicken with it's head cut off this week, since hubby and I made the decision to move from Bangor base where we have lived for two years now to a nearby section of housing meant for surface ships seamen and their families. I've been cooped up in a tiny apartment all that time and felt cramped the entirety of it. So I've been on a cleaning binge for a few days now, preparing for a pre-move inspection. I have a month to get everything in order and get moved to the new place.

If you've ever lived it base housing, you'll know what I'm talking about here... the cleaning is not routine cleaning. You need to be able to literally eat off of any surface if you had to. That's the only downside. On the bright side, the new place is a real house with a honest to goodness yard, literally a hundred yards from Puget sound. Go me! Gotta love loopholes.

As my husband helped me clean out the laundry room last night, I noticed something about him. After six years of marriage and God only knows how many randy romps, I noticed that I still lust after him as much as when we got married. It's the strangest thing really, but it was the way his jeans fit him just so. Shirtless and with low-slung jeans... that's my Navy man. It's amazing to have those moments when you fall in love all over again. The little things never used to thrill me, I was always waiting for the next big thing to come along, the next man to sweep me off my feet.

Then one day I met a skinny blond guy at the bookstore I'd just been hired to work at. Our first kiss was on the back end of a Buick as we were star-gazing. I could say that I knew at that moment that I'd spend the rest of my life with him, but it would be a bald-faced lie. Truth is, I fell in love with him by degrees and yesterday showed me that each day the degrees by which I love this man keep coming. He's amazing and takes such good care of me, even going to far to move when we're perfectly settled in a home already, just so I can have my sunshine and view of the water.

People fall in love in different ways I've discovered. My sister met her husband and married him within ten days of meeting. It's been 9 years and three kids and they are still all over each other like the teenagers they were when they said "I do."

My question to you, dear fellow bloggers, is this. If you have ever fallen in love (and who hasn't) was it like me, by degrees, or was it a bang, as my sister swears she experienced, like everything snapped into place at once? All replies will be adored and all repliers will be entered into a drawing to win a copy of Scion's Rebirth. I'll check back later to see what you all think!

10 Comments:

Blogger LadyVampire2u said...

Its great to hear how people meet the love of their life. Everyone experiences it so differently. As for me I fell in love at first sight. It just hit me so suddenly when I saw him, even though he was having a bad day and scared the heck out of everyone who came around him. I somehow felt some connection that just fell in place. And that love grows daily. I just seem to see things in the man that I didnt see the day before or find things that are suddenly attractive for no real reason. I guess everyone goes through it but I am still amazed by it.

~April

7:51 AM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

I was married to a Navy man so I know all about base housing.
I've fallen in love by both degrees and bangs. *snicker*

9:25 AM  
Blogger LISA WILLIAMS said...

My love grew by degrees even though I read all those Harlequin books and expected "love at first sight".

10:06 AM  
Blogger Deborah Chan said...

It's funny that the traditional love stories write a lot of about love a first sight. But my love for my hubby came about from all the wonderful and caring things he did for me.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Shuck Ying said...

I've been attracted to a person immediately but love for me takes time to grow.

10:10 AM  
Blogger April Martinez said...

He knew before I did, so it was a bang for him. Degrees for me. For my sake he tried to slow things down, and that, for me, was the first degree.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Estella said...

It was by degrees for me---I hated him the first time I met him. Thirteen years later we married.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also fell in love with my husband by degrees. Like you, there are times that I look at him and fall a little more in love with him. It's like an endless well of love that you keep tapping into. I find I love him even more today than when we first got married.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Pamk said...

I fell in love by degrees. And its been 22 years total that we've been together. I been with him longer that i was by myself. wow more than half my life. Man it doesn't seem that long until you stop and think about it.

10:02 PM  
Blogger jennyowl said...

Definitely by degrees.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders