Monday, July 03, 2006

Life in the slow lane

Everyone knows about life in the fast lane. We live it every day. But what's life like over there in the slow lane?

You know, the one where you get to laze around the pool and read a book. Or stretch out under the shade of a tree and take a nap. When was the last time you stargazed? Counted fireflies after dark?

Tell me about the time you just rested and took it easy. After all, this is a perfect weekend for it, right? I'll come back and share mine in a minute. (oh - and post some good eye candy, too.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Darragha! said...

A nice quiet day spent reading a good book (either ebook or paperback is fine!), petting my cat and drinking good coffee...

Now. Please?

3:30 PM  
Blogger Estella said...

What is resting and taking it easy????

4:02 PM  
Blogger Kayelle Allen said...

Today, I took my dh to a quiet place I discovered last week. The restaurant was off the main street and hidden behind some other buildings - but it had a small gazebo outside and a private waterfall with a koi pond.

Even tho traffic was a block away, it felt like we were out in the country. Quiet, the sound of water bubbling and trickling...

I kept wanting to get up and go - thinking I had to be somewhere. It about killed me to just sit. sigh.

You know what I need? I need to get a life. One beyond working the day job and writing. LOL

But I just love it here... ;)

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders