Saturday, July 01, 2006

Happy Canada Day from the Great White North! (And a fun little contest, too…)

Hello everyone. I’m Denysé Bridger, and I’m new to LSB, and even newer to blogging, so I’ve no idea what to post other than an intro. I’ve been writing erotic romance for a few years now, and was lucky enough to have one of my novellas nominated for an Eppie this year as part of an Anthology from Amber Quill Press. My first full-length erotic novel is due out anytime with LSB. It’s action/adventure, about a mercenary, and was a ton of fun to write. I hope you’ll check it out when it’s available, it’s called SIMPLY THE BEST. As well as being my first full-length erotic novel, this one is also one of more sexually explicit tales I’ve written. I don’t know yet if that’s a good thing, or not, or even if it’s something I’ll do again in future, but… Once the reviews are in, I guess we’ll all know if it’s going to be a trend, or an anomaly in my catalogue! Let me know what you think when it comes out, all right?

After Simply The Best will be the first in a series of stories and novellas that will comprise THE DEVANE FILES. The setting for this series is Victorian England, a few years post-Jack The Ripper, and the Inspector who is the central character was part of the team investigating the Whitechapel murders. I love the era, and I love the character, so I hope he’s a hit with readers, too!! If you enjoy a sort of flawed and haunted hero, this guy should appeal to you. Aside from being an opium addict, he’s a bit psychic, and a whole lot of brilliant, unorthodox investigative style. I find myself loving him more with each story he tells me.

Anyone who visits my website (http://www.denysebridger.com/) is going to notice something immediately – I never stick to one genre for long! I love to explore all over the place, and my favorites always end up being the ones that are Historical in theme. I’ve been having a great time looking at this blog, and finding my way around at SiN, so I hope we’ll be chatting often in future! I really love hearing from readers and other authors, and will do my best to answer anyone who gets in touch, so do feel free to email at any time, okay? There’s a direct link on my website. Also, I’m scheduled to do my first-ever interview in September for Romance Junkies, so I hope to see everyone there, too.

Oh, almost forgot, a little bit of fun for a contest. The first person to tell me what kind of motorcycle my Rebel Knight hero Nick Red Cloud rides is eligible for an autographed copy of my vampire anthology, A WORLD IN DARKNESS. Details about the book are available on my website, so you can have a peek and see if it’s something you might enjoy! So, have fun and thanks for entering!! And, seeing that it’s Canada Day here, I’ll even toss a Canadian souvenir into the packet with the book, but you’ll have to wait for the surprise!! (I also do a monthly contest in which the winner gets to pick the story they want, in the format they prefer. At the end of each month a random winner is picked and the eBook is sent. The winner is announced on my blog. The contest is running until June 30th, 2007. So, if you’d like one of the books on my website, send an entry!)

And, something to think about for next time, if you’re following the REBEL KNIGHT story, and would like to be featured in one of the upcoming installments, give some thought to what kind of character you’d like to be! I do new chapters every 4-6 weeks, and it’s going to be around for awhile.

Lastly, a bit of amusement that my sister sent to me.

A college class was told they had to write a short story in as few words as possible. The instructions were: The short story had to contain the following three things:
(1) Religion
(2) Sexuality
(3) Mystery.

Below is the only A+ story in the entire class.

“Good God, I’m pregnant; I wonder who did it?”

Pretty succinct and to the point, wouldn’t you say? Anyhow, THANKS so much for taking the time to drop in and I’ll announce the current contest winner later today. Talk to you soon….

9 Comments:

Blogger Meljprincess said...

HARLEY!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

The American Motorcycle Co. 1902 “Apache Bagger”. Forget my first answer. It was a guess. *g*

10:03 AM  
Blogger LISA WILLIAMS said...

Indian Spirit

10:13 AM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

Denyse,
Welcome to LSB. I visited your site and it's fantastic! I, too, enjoy the Victorian era, the west and cowboys. Your new series appeals to me greatly. I would have written this before my answer but I wanted to be the first. *g* Hope nobody copies it. That just wouldn't be fair. :-) I look forward to reading the vampire book. BITE THE ONE YOU LOVE!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Shuck Ying said...

American Motorcycle Co. 1902 Apache Bagger

10:50 AM  
Blogger Deborah Chan said...

American Motorcycle Co. 1902 Apache Bagger

10:51 AM  
Blogger LISA WILLIAMS said...

Okay, I admit my first guess was wrong.

He rides an Apache Bagger.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The American Motorcycle Co. 1902 -Apache Bagger

2:19 PM  
Blogger jennyowl said...

Well I'm not the first but the answer is The American Motorcycle Co. 1902 “Apache Bagger.” I've been waiting for ages to read the next installment.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders