Friday, June 02, 2006

The TOOL on Vacation

Hi all,

Well, some of you have been following my brief and silly blog about my boyfriend, partner, significant other, Tool. Yes, he's still hanging around, and the nickname seems to have stuck (at least in my mind... and also when he's naked).

So, a few weeks ago, Tool and I took our first real "vacation" together. We spent 11 days traveling (er, I mean tooling) around the southeastern states. We had such a good time that we are headed out on a cruise in August. Now, I know that seems like taking our lives in our hands during the midst of hurricane season, but we're nothing if not adventurous. After all , we do live on the east coast of Florida.

Why is it that Tool time is so much more fun when you're in a hotel? The excitement, the laziness, the frozen beverages in pretty glasses, the fact that I don't have to make the bed or clean the tub. They all add up.

Anyhow, a fun time was had by all. Even on the notorious "bathtub" day. It is a day that will go down in the history of the relationship of Jane and Tool. Let me tell you what happened to us in Mississippi. We were staying at a golf resort, and I had just stepped out of the shower. I misjudged the slickness of the tile, and naked as a jaybird, shot across the room on one foot, as if an Olympic panel of figure skating judges were sitting on the toilet waiting to flash me a perfect score. Time stood still. I remember thinking, with complete clarity, should I fall or try to save myself? All of this occurred, to my shock and horror, as Tool stared from down the hallway, mesmerized. I remember landing, flat on my back, and when I finally dared open my eyes, Tool was peering down at me. "Are you okay?" He looked concerned, and all silly me could do was burst out laughing. I still can't talk about it without a strong urge to pee my pants!

So, I'm thinking this time there should be a little contest involved for all you faithful readers and bloggers. So, for a copy of my book (the only one SO FAR...), Rescue Me, who wants to share their best / worst / funniest / sexiest vacation story? Nothing is off limits!

I'll check in during the day and select a winner. Good Luck to you all.

Jane

5 Comments:

Blogger Pamk said...

On a cross country trip to the grand canyon we stopped in Fort Smith AK and rented a room about 130 am. When we went to our room and tried to enter the door had the inside latch on. We my dear hubby who had a been a maintenance man at a hotel decided that when whomever had left out of the room they must have slammed it shut which caused the latch to engage. So he started to do what they did when he was in the biz which was take a knife and jimmy it open. Well when he stepped back to get a good look at his pocket knife the door slammed shut. I told him that I thought someone was in that room so he went to the front desk and sure enough they had given us the key to the wrong room. It was a wonder we didn't get shot.

12:28 PM  
Blogger LISA WILLIAMS said...

My funniest or most embarrassing vacation was on my honeymoon. Our room was located on the ground floor. One afternoon, hubby and I were having "fun" when in the middle of the action, I glanced over at the walkout doorway to the patio area...to see a peeping Tom. Holy cow did this kill the mood quickly. Now I can think back and laugh.

2:57 PM  
Blogger jennyowl said...

Worst vacation story is when I travelled to Kuala Lumpur with friends to watch the Cats musical. We bought the top price seats but they were at an awkward angle which I couldn't tell when I did the booking. The seats were also too close to one another with hardly any leg room and I'm not even tall. Worse of all was the musical put me to sleep! It's the only musical that can lay claim to that. The story just wasn't strong enough for me.

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the worst times I can remember was when my husband and I went camping (my first time) and took our small poodle with us. The first night it thunderstormed - the dog was freaked out and kept wanting to get out of the tent -and the next awful thing that happened was our sleeping bags started to fill up with water. Needless to say, we spent the rest of the night in the car. Woke up with the worst stiff neck and swore I would never go on a camping vacation again.....and that was thirty years ago.....:)

1:12 AM  
Blogger LISA WILLIAMS said...

Thanks, Jane. I emailed you at janemarshall @ cfl.rr.com since it was the only one I could fine. Hope that was okay.

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders