Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Men at RT...

Since I just got back from a week at Daytona Beach, interspersed with quick trips to Orlando and Disney, for the Romantic Times Convention, it seemed the natural thing to blog about today. I'm still in recovery, because a week's vacation requires a week's clean-up. Laundry and souvenirs everywhere, and one souvenir is a business card from Andrei Claude, Mr. Romance 2005. He is H-O-T and seems to be a really sweet guy. Check out the gallery at his web site, girls. Those pics will get yah droolin'--or they did me at least.

Now the guys in the suspenders were from the Ellora's Cave party, I believe. I've decided suspenders look really good on bare chests. They seem to accent all the right parts. I tried very hard to get decent pics at the Mr. Romance 2006 competition, but I was too far away with a cheapy camera, but here's a group shot. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't do the shirtless poses this year. What was up with that?

I had mega fun at the Vampires of the Caribbean party, though I was confused by the seemingly transexual Captain and the Little Mermaid, who I think was a vampire, although I'm still not sure. The music after the skit was awesome, and I danced until my feet couldn't handle it any more. And there were several terrific partying pirates to keep me company.

The thing about RT is that there's business mixed with fun and loads of free books if you're willing to brave the lines for them. I finally managed to get my hands on a couple of autographed Mary Janice Davidson books--not at her mixer (I was not the early bird there), but at the Kensington mixer. And I've got a "Betsy Rules" button somewhere around here to put on my tote bag. My coolest souvenirs, though, came from the beach shop across from the hotel, my "Pirate Girl" window clings. Got one for each vehicle--to confuse the other parents at my son's school (and the in-laws too). *g*

I'll leave you with the ocean view from our room at the Hilton. And I'd love to hear from you if you were at RT and would like to reminisce, or if you weren't and want to ask questions. It was so great to meet some of you in person, that I normally only "talk" to online!


Shara *returning to semi-comatose state to avoid any more laundry*
www.sharalanel.com

24 Comments:

Blogger Shuck Ying said...

Hi Shara, sounds like you had a blast at RT. I am not sure what happened but I never got the ebook win from your Blog in April (here on SEX). I have re-sent you an email to your sharalanel@comcast.net . Can you let me know if you get it. Thanks.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Sherrill Quinn said...

Shara, I'm so jealous of every one who went to RT. :( I'm going next year if I have to walk! Glad you had such a great time.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Shara Lanel said...

Shuck, I sent you the pdf of Gemini this morning. Let me know if you don't get it okay. I'm guessing my ISP sucked your original email into the black abyss.

Sherrill, It is totally fun at RT! Plus there was the beach, the pool, and the hot tub.

Shara
www.sharalanel.com

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shara! Couldn't resist getting an inventation to have SEx with you! :)

Jeff

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Sherrill. So envious. *pout* I wanted to go but getting from here to there had turned into a major pain. Next year though. Yeah!

Thanks for the right up. The view from the hotel made me cry let alone the view inside the hotel. Harrumph. ;)

Glad you had fun, chicky.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Shara Lanel said...

Jeff, darling, anytime! *g*

Jenna, Next year is Houston--hope to see you there!

Shara
www.sharalanel.com

11:52 AM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

Hi Shara,
It was a thrill to meet you at RT! My Mom and I stopped by just as you were leaving. Remember? We had a blast! Hope you did too.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Shara Lanel said...

Mel,

I totally remember! It was great to meet both of you, and you impressed my hubby--hey, I actually do have readers ;-) How did you enjoy the rest of the book fair?

Shara
www.sharalanel.com

12:19 PM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

Shara,
Stop! You know you have lots of readers. :-) I'm so glad you remember us! You and hubby were sooo nice! You know, it took me three hours just to get to the g's. I missed a lot of authors and didn't buy a lot of books I wanted. I saw you from a couple of rows over and made a beeline cause I saw you were packin' up.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Shara Lanel said...

It was particularly good for my hubby to see what I do at these events. Of course, I didn't take him to the Mr. Romance competition or the EC party ;-) And my son had fun handing out bookmarks at the signing.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Dee S Knight and Anne Krist said...

OMG!! I'm not impressed with Daytona Beach, Shara (been there, done that), but YOU GOT TO MEET MELJPRINCESS???

That's something worth getting excited about. I'm very envious.

Dee

1:36 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Hart said...

Meljprincess, did you make it to the H row? I would've loved to meet you!

I didn't enjoy RT as much this year because I was feeling a bit under the weather. Which is a shame since the weather there was perfect!

Vanessa Hart

1:39 PM  
Blogger Shara Lanel said...

Meeting Mel was awesome! But, Dee, I totally missed you in the line after the Book Fair! My aching feet were glad to have dh with me to hold my box of books.

Btw, I now have a new photo page up for RT: here. Feel free to post comments, like if you're totally going to kill me for putting your pic up ;-)

Shara
www.sharalanel.com

1:42 PM  
Blogger Bonnie Dee said...

It was a great time. I wasn't as swept away by the Ellora's Cavemen as Shara though. I thought they were kinda muscle-bound creepy. But that's just me. I like a scrawnier type.
Have to admit the Mr. Romance candidates were nice looking though. But you know what, I saw regular fellas playing in the water and walking the beach who were just as hot with a lot less attitude!

1:49 PM  
Blogger robynl said...

I will probably only ever go to RT in my dreams but at least I can dream. I bet it was FUN and would so have loved to have gone.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Estella said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Shara Lanel said...

Bonnie, didn't you say something about sexy bus boys? *g*

Robyn and Estella, It was fun, but it's also great to be home, sleepy in my squashy king size bed. I miss the sound of the ocean though.

Cathie, our drive was 11 hours and our little Saturn was packed to the brim, to the point my child was yelling about things falling on him. Poor kid! Sometimes I miss my dad's boats. He had a sailboat for a while, then a motor boat. Great way to spend hot summer days.

Shara
www.sharalanel.com

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Houston!! That's gotta be easier to get to than Daytona. It would have taken us 13 hours to fly to Orlando. 13. Hours. *thud*

But Houston. That's a lot closer!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Shara Lanel said...

Kira, It was great meeting you too! So odd getting to know people online before we ever see their faces, isn't it? But great that we're not limited to our own immediate surroundings.

Shara

8:49 PM  
Blogger Diana Hunter said...

Shara, I'm so sorry I missed you at RT...amazing how many people were there who I wanted to meet...and missed (waving hi to MelJ!) This was my 3rd RT...and by far the most fun!

See you in Houston next year?

8:15 AM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

Shara, I meant to tell you your son is adorable. Think he was scared of me? *g*

Dee? You were there? OMG! If you were and I missed you I'm slashing my throat right now! LOL! Love what you said...xxxx

Vanessa, I'm bummed we didn't meet. It took me three hours just to get to the G row. I spent so much time huggin' and schmoozin' I didn't buy half the books I wanted.

Bonnie, my Mom said to me afterward that she wasn't impressed with the models she saw. That wench was ogling the men and I didn't even know! I saw a couple and I wasn't too impressed myself. They looked weathered and tired. HA! I would have liked to make one tired.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

PS. Who's taking me with them to Houston next year? Dee? Anybody? Heehee....

10:02 AM  
Blogger Dee S Knight and Anne Krist said...

Meljprincess, I wasn't there. That's what I meant--I didn't miss not seeing the beach etc., but I would have gone if I'd known you would be there. :-))

You're invited to come with me next year! Pam, you, too!

I did miss seeing my friends--and Shara, since they went alphabetically again we would have been close at the signing table. Your hubby could have held two boxes of books...?

4:38 PM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

Dee? Will you marry me?

I'm holding you to that! Houston we have a problem...

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders