Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Morning After - Kate Willoughby


My first book, Carnal Devotions, was released on Halloween last year. So when I heard my second book, Losing it, was scheduled for a Memorial Day release,I was so excited. Two holiday release dates!

I dragged the family home early from a weekend visit with my father. We were celebrating his seventy-second birthday, but I was determined to spend Monday -- the day Losing It was to be released -- on the Internet, announcing and promoting and crowing annoyingly, like a literary rooster. My website, my blog, all the loops I belong to, friends and family were to receive the news on The Big Day. But unfortunately, Murphy's Law prevailed. My cable modem went on the fritz! I was cut off from the Internet world, and damned if I didn't feel like a junkie whose supplier had gone missing.

Too late to make a long story short, but needless to say, I've been unable to do any crowing. I am posting this blog entry only because I'm holding my husband's assistant hostage while I hijack his office computer this morning. I just couldn't let my first "Morning After" on the SEx blog go by without a fight.

So, you are the first to hear that my novella, Losing It, is now on sale at Liquid Silver. I fondly call this book, "V is for Virgin," because there are two untouched maiden sisters in this light-hearted contemporary story. Unlikely, yes, but so is the possibility that vampires roam the earth. ;) Because of this double whammy of hymen-preservation, my question is this: When you lost your cherry, was it "good for you?" If you had to do it over again, what would you change?

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats on your new release Kate!

LOL I can sooo relate to your internet withdrawl. It is highly addictive.

My first time was good but I must say that afterwards I was like "What's the big deal?" Thank gawd it got better the more I did it. It was a great weekend. *s* The only thing I'd change is that I'd buy some lube.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Hart said...

Good question, Kate. And the short answer is NO! It hurt, thank you very much. If I had it to do over, I'd wait until I was older and could prepare myself with more information. *LOL*

Nessie

3:50 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Hart said...

I forgot to say, congratulations on the release of your second book, Kate.

Nessie

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was very ouching if did over, would ensure that there was much more foreplay.

LLL

9:26 PM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

If I could do it all over again I'd change my partner. He sucked. And not in a good way. lol!

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders