Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Late-Night Pillow Talk

Nothing winds down the day like a little snuggle under the sheets. :D Unless, of course, it's a warm night, and all that cuddling is done on top of the sheets. Or maybe on the floor...or the kitchen table...or the backyard with the lights turned off...or on... Okay, I'll quit now. ;)

Besides, I have a more pragmatic question for all you late-night SExers. It's about toys. Now, I'm not Dr. Rae (although her advice has proven invaluable...especially as one of the heroines of my current WIP wears ritual jewelry on her nipples), so when I say "toys," I'm talking about the other stuff that makes me hot and bothered--TECH! (I'm such a g33k!)

I'm in the market for a new e-reader. Nothing I need to buy today, but I'm shopping...just in case Mr. Xandra is so inclined for Mother's Day...

My current e-reader is my Palm IIIc (which really wasn't a dinosaur when I bought it five years ago). Of these, my favorite is the Palm. Now I've had several Palms over the years, starting with the good ol' Palm Pilot waaay back in the day. I've always written stuff on them--making plot notes, writing snippets, scenes, drabbles, or outlines is fast and easy with a portable keyboard.

But what I really love about reading ebooks on my Palm handhelds is that I could *read in the dark.* And if you've ever been sucked into one of those stories that makes you get up at three AM and go into the bathroom to just get to that next chapter while the rest of the family is yelling, "Go to bed, already!" then you know what I'm talking about. I can stick my head under the covers, turn on my Palm IIIc and read until my eyeballs fall out. All night long, if I'm willing to pay the price. I also love the fact that I can carry around about fifty hot'n'naughty stories around (including my own hot'n'naughties) in a little thing that fits in my purse.

What do you read your ebooks on? I'm sure just about every ebook author and/or publisher asks this question, but there's a good reason behind it. That reason is, of course, shopping. I'll spend good money on good tech, but I want to hear from users. What do you read your ebooks on, and why do you love it? Or why do you hate it? If money were no object, what would you *like* to read your ebooks on?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

I currently have to read my ebooks on my desktop and I don't really like this. It is not very comfortable and is obviously not portable. My laptop is broken though and until I can get it fixed it is the desktop for me. And I can't afford an e-reader right now.

I would love to have a Palm in order to read my ebooks anywhere.

11:15 PM  
Blogger robynl said...

I have a Palm.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders