Tuesday, April 18, 2006

The AfterNooner

So how is everybody today? Where I am, there's a gorgeous, balmy day...sun shining outside my window, tulips in my front yard (and I keep thinking of that old joke--"Would you like roses on your piano, sir?" "I'd rather have tulips on my organ, thank you." ba-dum bump-rimshot!)

I don't know about you, but the after-lunch food coma is the bane of my day...so let's get that blood flowing with a sexy little excerpt. I hope you enjoy. And remember, I'll be picking a name from the day's blog comments for a delightful little body treat!

He stroked her flank. "Your skin is so different. Fascinating and obscure." He cupped her breast, tipping his hand this way and that. Her nipple stiffened to attention, sending a stab of longing to her center.

She looked down at his hand moving over her flesh. The crimson ruddiness took on a pattern of light and dark hues, almost like the rosettes on a panther's pelt. The darker hues took on a bluish cast. "You're getting aroused again."

"Should I not? I am with the mate for whom I have waited many long years."

His words were pure fantasy--what woman wouldn't dream of hearing them?

But what woman could really believe them? Outside of the sensual, private world that was this pleasure craft, she might bring about the destruction of an entire race, one of who shirked his biological duty to reproduce by declaring his fidelity to her.

And those reasons seemed to be the very reasons she should take a page from his book. Outside--they weren't outside, though. They were here, suspended among the stars, and alone. Why not indulge in a little fantasy. If she was fated to die in a few hours or a few days' time, then God knew she deserved a little of her own.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

Good excerpt!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

Xandra, I love books about sex with lizards. OK, now that sounds strange even coming from me. I'll have to check out your site and this book. Especially after reading other comments. What a titillating excerpt. My curiosty has definitely been aroused. *g*

4:06 PM  
Blogger robynl said...

Why not indulge in a little fantasy: I say do it!! Go for it.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Jeanette J said...

Nice excerpt..peaked my curiosity

6:28 PM  
Blogger ladycat713 said...

It's definitely a make hay while the sun shines because tomorrow you may die situation. She should definitely go for it.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders