Tuesday, January 17, 2006

AQUARIUS: A LICK AND A PROMISE - excerpt

AQUARIUS: A LICK AND A PROMISE
VANESSA HART (C) 2005


“I thought we were going to be just friends.” Even as Ethan said the words, his fingers traced the contours of her face. He drew a path to her mouth, then covered it with his lips. “I never meant to take advantage of you, of this--”

“I took advantage of you. You were asleep in your own room, minding your own business, when I attacked you.”

Laughter rumbled from deep within his chest. “That’s what you think.”

“Huh?”

“I’ve been having improper thoughts about you ever since you moved in, Lisa.”

Yes! He wasn’t immune to her. She trembled in an effort to contain her excitement. She was about to take another risk, perhaps the biggest one yet. “I have to ask you something.”

“What?”

“Was this just for tonight?”

He shook his head, then covered her mouth in a long, gentle kiss. “God, I hope not.”

www.vanessahart.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Dee S Knight and Anne Krist said...

This book is FABULOUS!! Trust me.

Dee
www.deesknight.com

2:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is the kind of book I like to read. Adding to my to buy list!

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The excerpt was great! Makes you want to read more now!! :)

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders