Sunday, July 09, 2006

Wishful summer thinking

Eek! I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date!!

My excuse is I had family visiting. And well, family...you know how it can be sometimes.

Anyway, I'd love to say that I was late because I've been lounging by the pool and reading tons of fabulous books in between writing some (hopefully) even more fabulous ones. Alas, I'm preparing to move at the end of the summer.

No vacation for me this year, just packing boxes and well, more packing boxes.

I'll be moving to Long Island (near Stonybrook) so if anyone has any ins and outs of the area, I'd loved to hear about it!

But finally, I'll get to the point of this post. My summer (like my post here) is looking to be a bit hectic (I don't thinkI'll be home for a weekend until I have a new home) so I want to know what you're all doing this summer? I want to hear about your fabulous summer vacations. I want to hear about relaxing around the pool and watching sexy pool boys.

How are you spending your summer? And here's the kicker, if you could spend your summer anyway possible, how would you spend it?

I think I'd like to spend my summer sunning with him.



Everybody who posts today or tomorrow (since I'm late I'm going to extend my contest) will be entered into a drawing for a copy of either Tempting Fate or Loving Fate - your choice.

13 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

mmm, he sure has great pecs!

i would love to spend the summer reading by the pool. sadly, i need to get a job during my summer break from uni. qualifications aren't enough anymore. you gotta have work experience, too. so far, though, nada. oh well, i'll keep looking - and relaxing & reading in the mean time!

Elizabeth
www.elizabethsreviews.blogspot.com
elizabethsreviews-subscribe@yahoogroups.co.uk
Contest 4 A $10 GC In Progress (C Blog 4 Details)

12:48 PM  
Blogger jennyowl said...

I'm job hunting this summer. What I would really like to be doing is having a Thai/Bali-style massage with my dream hunk in a private beach resort.

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We already had our summer vacation. In early June we went to SW Florida to see my family for a week and we left our toddler with my sister and mother for a few days so we could celebrate our anniversary in Orlando. I will be going to SW Florida again this coming weekend for four days because my sister and my mother are hosting me a baby shower. The rest of my summer will probably be spent getting things ready for the baby. She is due in October. This will be my last baby shower since this will be my last child so I intend to enjoy it as much as possible.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Estella said...

I will be spending my summer tending my flowers and my vegetable garden. If I could I would spend my summer on the beach in Maui.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Landra Douglas said...

Hmmm... Any way possible? On the coast of somewhere beautiful, honeymooning with Mr. Laine on a secluded island.

To bad the extent of my pool time lately has been flinging pesky frogs from it!

Good luck with the move!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Teoh said...

Yummy except for that pink whatever he has on! Does men really wear stuff like that???

9:35 PM  
Blogger Teoh said...

For me perfect summer would be under a shady tree with an ice cold drink picturing the perfect hero from my latest romance novel beside me. Reality, 9-5 work stufk in the office!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

Nice pic!!

I am going to be job-hunting too...and reading.

1:21 AM  
Blogger LISA WILLIAMS said...

Yes, summer with that eye candy around would be wonderful.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Deborah Chan said...

No doing much for summer either but I prefer warm weather to the freezing temp of winter.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Shuck Ying said...

I saving up for a vacation but summer is great for bbqs and picnics.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

Emma, I live in Newport, RI. Please let me know if you decide to visit. Maybe we could tour a mansion or something. I'm not doing anything special this summer. I wish I could spend my summer in Scotland. Or hanging out in bars with British Marine Commandoes. Or sitting in the desert smoking peyote with a bunch of elderly Native Americans.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This summer we are just staying home and doing things around the house. Also taking care of one of our daughter's four bengal cats (two are four week old kittens) besides our own kitty. One of her kitties likes to chew on books (so I can't leave any of my books laying around) and other assorted things like wires, curtains, carpets etc. Can't take your eyes off of him! LOL Never a dull moment!

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders