Saturday, May 06, 2006

Relax? Who has time?

One week before I travel to Daytona Beach, FL for the RT Convention! A little time to kick back, enjoy some drinks and relax - I hope so...at least some. But first I have to get through this week which includes:

1) Getting all my promo-stuff and CD's ready to go...yes I'm still working on some of this.
2) Taking the Dogs to Vets to get their shots before dropping them off at the Kennel.
3) Daily phone calls with my mother (I love her I really do) to make sure that what we agreed to is still going to happen as far as watching my kids.
4) Schedule someone to stop by and check on my horses and birds they days my mom won't be able to.
5) Hopes to finish self-editing my current manuscript...sigh...
6) Help CP other people's manuscripts...becuz they help me...
6) Work my regular day job M-F and
7) Hopefully relax...

I know I need to make time for this final item...be it something mundane like taking a cup of tea a few moments of silence or maybe read a book. If I don't find a little R&R I will be more stressed.

When you know you have hectic days ahead, do you make time to relax and how do you? I'd love a few suggestions!

Love,

Tina

11 Comments:

Blogger Diana Troldahl said...

During the most stressful part of my life, I factored in an extra 10 or 15 minutes when I had to drive somewhere alone on an errand. I used the extra time to pull off into a public park (somewhere with water is nice) and just sat outside and breathed.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Krissy said...

Diana,

Thanks for stopping by... I agree sitting somewhere for some quiet time is very helpful...

Love,

Tina

9:35 AM  
Blogger Sherrill Quinn said...

Whenever I had a particularly stressful morning at work (and there were actually quite a lot of them), I'd go out at lunchtime and drive part-way up the mountain. It took about 20 minutes to get to my spot, I'd pull into the designated vista area, have 20 minutes to sit in the sun and listen to the breeze in the nearby mesquite tree and birds, then back in the car for the 20 minute drive back to work. But for those 20 minutes I was on the side of the mountain, it felt like I was alone in the world. Very relaxing!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Krissy said...

So far it sounds like a little quiet time is in order...

Tina

12:00 PM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

Tina, I'll be in Daytona. I'm looking forward to meeting you. I'll be the one with the shaved head and piercings. *g*

When I want to relax I read or sleep and I don't answer the phone or the door. If my SO is home, I hang out in the bedroom for a while. he knows better then to bother me. lol!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Landra Douglas said...

Tina, two words... pedicure appointment. Solves all problems the moment your rear hits the vibrating chair.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Krissy said...

A pedicure does sound good...I should get my toes in sandal shape. LOL! You know I had my first massage ever in Vegas! My friend Lyn talked me into a day at the spa. we went to Baileys...it was 60 minutes of pure pleasure...I was so relaxed after that.

Tina

2:11 PM  
Blogger Krissy said...

A pedicure does sound good...I should get my toes in sandal shape. LOL! You know I had my first massage ever in Vegas! My friend Lyn talked me into a day at the spa. we went to Baileys...it was 60 minutes of pure pleasure...I was so relaxed after that.

Tina

2:14 PM  
Blogger Krissy said...

A pedicure does sound good...I should get my toes in sandal shape. LOL! You know I had my first massage ever in Vegas! My friend Lyn talked me into a day at the spa. we went to Baileys...it was 60 minutes of pure pleasure...I was so relaxed after that.

Tina

2:15 PM  
Blogger Krissy said...

Not sure why that posted three times but..okay...

Tina

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are many different ways to relax and de-stress. I sometimes need to do it in a peaceful way with soft music and a bath. But if time is short and I need the de-stress especially, I put on a favorite music cd and dance around the house for as long as I can get away with. Even if I only have 5 minutes, I can do it. Hope this helps.

Little Lamb Lost

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders