Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Morning After--Excerpt from Masquerade

Hello, everyone! My name is Melissa Jackson and I am a new author with Liquid Silver Books. I must confess that these past few weeks have been both stressful and extremely exciting. Besides preparing for the publication of Masquerade, I have also managed to graduate from college with a degree in History. It has been tough, but I am looking forward to a continuing my career writing more romantic novels.

So, here’s to new beginnings! I am pleased to announce the release of my novel Masquerade. Here is an excerpt. Enjoy!


“Tsk, tsk, I’d prefer the desk myself.”

Julian’s eyes shot open. He would recognize the soft, silky voice anywhere. It was his mystery lover. She stood in the doorway dressed in the same blue satin costume holding his sandwich bag in her left hand. Her long, honey hair fell in luxurious waves down her slender back. Teasing him. Taunting him to touch the silky strands. Damn, but he itched to bury his face in the heavy tresses and lose himself in her sweet scent.

Slowly rising, he watched her glide across the room to halt a few inches from him. Silently, she reached behind her to unzip her dress. Slowly and deliberately, she pushed the material off her shoulders and let it slid down her flushed body. Gloriously naked, she stepped out of the puddle of silk and saddled closer to him.

In the dim light and the hindrance of the mask, he still could not discern details of her face. But her eyes, well, they were unique. He could literally drown in the sparkling blue pools, never wishing for salvation.

He lifted his hand to her cheek, his thumb gently caressed her smiling lips. Full, luscious, lips. “Who are you?”

“Shh, no questions,” she said softly, laying a finger on his mouth to still his words.

Mesmerized, he watched as she leaned closer to him. She lightly touched her flaming, hot lips to his. He closed his eyes and lost himself in her soft, gentle kisses. Each sweet touch radiated delicious warmth through him. Never had he felt such an intense reaction to something as simple as a kiss from any other woman. Not this degree of desire or want or passion. He hungered for more.

Julian claimed her lips with his. Hard and demanding. He wanted to taste her very soul in that one kiss. When she responded with equal fervor, he deepened the kiss. He thrust his tongue into her mouth and savored her flavor, her essence. Before this night was out, she would be totally his.

Julian claimed her lips with his. Hard and demanding. He wanted to taste her very soul in that one kiss. When she responded with equal fervor, he deepened the kiss. He thrust his tongue into her mouth and savored her flavor, her essence. Before this night was out, she would be totally his.

If you could conceal your identity, what fantasy would you act out? Would your lover be a stranger or someone you have admired from afar? One lucky winner will be chosen at the end of the day to receive a special gift.


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I were unmarried and did not have to fear pregnancy, disease, or danger: I might pick up a stranger, convince him to wear a blindfold, leave the lights on and have my wicked way with him. I would be able to view his beautiful form and he would not be able to tell what I might do or where I might touch him next. Afterwards, I might just leave him wearing his blindfold and walk out with my perfect memory of the night.

Little Lamb Lost

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great excerpt! As for having fantasies, i don't need to go elsewhere to have my fantasies met. My husband is a great lover and fulfills any fantasies I might have.

12:04 PM  
Blogger LISA WILLIAMS said...

congrats on your finishing college. I would probably pick someone I know.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Deborah Chan said...

It would only be fantasy, but I would choose a stranger because it seems a bit on the wild side.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

Sounds great!!!

I would probably pick someone that I have admired from afar and I would do whatever I wanted!

12:40 PM  
Blogger robynl said...

Congrats on the graduation; way to go.

My fantasy would be with someone I admired but we would take time to have a fun day and get to know about each other. We would walk hand in hand on the beach, have a picnic basket made up by a deli and just enjoy ourselves instead of 'jumping into' things too fast.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

He would be a stranger and I'd try that bungee jump sex deal. lol!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Estella said...

Probably be a stranger.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Melissa Jackson, Author said...

Thank you for your compliments and good wishes!

All of your fantasies sound marvelous. And, Cherie j--you are one lucky lady!

Meljprincess--that bungee jump sex deal sounds very exciting. I'll have to check into that one. ;-)

6:07 PM  
Blogger Pamk said...

whoohoo congrats on getting your degree. I would do a stranger. As long as it was only a fantasy and no risk of disease or any other complications lol

6:25 PM  
Blogger Melissa Jackson, Author said...

Ahh, the ultimate fantasy--awesome stranger or hero sex free of all the worldly worries.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders