Sunday, March 26, 2006

Joaquin & Ed & Patrick! Aka…my fave leading men…

So I have some pretty non-traditional fave leading men. Yeah, I think Vin and Duane are yummy and will watch their stuff, but the guys I absolute HAVE to watch…drumroll please…

Joaquin Phoenix…I’ll watch anything and everything that he’s in, and usually be blown away. His recent turn as Johnny Cash in Walk the Line was no exception. My adulation began with Inventing the Abbotts, and since then I’ve seen ‘em all. My two faves tho, are Clay Pigeons and Hotel Rwanda…movies that the traditional moviegoer might not usually see but are “do not miss” flicks for me.






Another of my “guys” is Ed Harris…I know, he’s older and semi-bald, but damn! He totally works for me! I got hooked on him after The Right Stuff, but his two best, at least IMHO are The Abyss and Needful Things. And crap…I forgot Enemy at the Gates and Beautiful Mind…and The Rock and Just Cause…sigh…






Last but not least is Patrick Stewart… My hubby keeps joking that he never needs to worry about going bald (VBG)! I know that Jean-Luc “did it” for a lot of women, and I was no exception!






So who are your fave leading men…blog with me today and the winner will receive a $10 gift certif. to Fictionwise!

Terri

10 Comments:

Blogger jennyowl said...

Colin Firth, Hugh Jackman, Tom Hanks, Harrison Ford.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

Hugh Jackman, Clive Owen, Harrison Ford, Colin Firth, Jude Law, Denzel Washington, and many, many more

12:59 PM  
Blogger Kayelle Allen said...

Tom Welling. *sigh* After all, he *is* Superman - super looks, super acting ability. He totally rocks.

Travis Fimmel - has to be one of the must sultry looking guys on the planet.

Sean Connery (now - not younger). He has aged like fine wine. Love his voice, his looks, his presence.

Dennis Haysbert - aka President Palmer from 24 has got to be one of the hottest men out there. He is elegant, refined, while maintaining that alpha male stance and attitude. Totally does it for me.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so agree with you on your choice of Patrick Stewart. That voice, bald head and strong profile makes me sigh. Some of my favorites are Sean Connery, Adrian Paul, Bruce Willis, Johnny Depp, Nicholas Cage, Harrison Ford, Samuel Jackson and Michael Easton. I enjoy watching these actors. They have that presence that holds my attention.

Maria

4:36 PM  
Blogger Pamk said...

Patrick Swayce, Sam Elliott, Colin Farrell, Hugh Jackman, Viggo Mortenson. I know I don't have that last name correct. His eyes on LOTR is what got me. I will always think of him as Aragon.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Keanu Reeves
Vin Disel
Harrison Ford
Tommy Lee Jones- I love any movie with him it.
Johnny Depp
Oded Fehr
Orlando Bloom
Nicholas Cage

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of my favorites are Matthew McConnaugy (I don't think I spelled that right!), Harrison Ford, Vin Diesel, Hugh Jackson, Keanu Reeves, Bruce Willis, Sean Connery, and Patrick Dempsey. I really like to hear Matthew McConnaugy and Sean Connery talk. Love their accents! :)

2:33 AM  
Blogger Sherrill Quinn said...

I'm going to be repeating a lot of what others have already said, but here goes (and in no particular order, it just depends on my mood who I'm crushing on at the moment LOL): Josh Holloway (Sawyer on LOST), Clive Owen, Adrian Paul, Patrick Stewart, Hugh Jackman, Sean Connery, Dylan McDermot.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, Ed Harris indeed! i first noticed him in The Abyss, and the combination of those gray eyes and that semi-baldness, oh yes! When i watched him in the Stepmom {sorry can't remember the exact title} i couldn't concentrate on the always=excellent acting of Susan Sarandon, b/c of Ed!
Annie Owl in GA

11:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I like so many, but here are a few. I definitely agree with Ed Harris. He is just an amazing actor. I also love Sean Connery (talk about longevity!). I have a thing for Toby Maguire, Matthew McConaughey, and yes Joaquin Phoenix too. I think I like him and Toby, because they seem to have such depth of character. They are truly great actors (and yummy!).

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders