Saturday, March 25, 2006

Despair is Your Friend

Okay - so you don't think I've gone over the deep end with that title... let me explain.

One of my friends surfed onto a site and thought it was so weirdly sick (and funny) that of course she sent it straight to me.

Despair, Inc. is a site that pokes ungentle fun at the corporate world. Think of it as Dilbert on steroids. Hmm... and caffeine. And maybe a few other recreational choices too. In fact, I'd like to know what they were on when they thought this up. And how much it is by the pound...

My day job is in Human Resources (HR) so since this site was all about corporate cultures and the whims of executives, I sent it to my boss. I sit right next to her, so when she got it, I had the pleasure of seeing her laugh so hard she had to put her head down on her desk to catch her breath. This material is so un-PC it's downright scary. But brilliant.

Want the link? Here you go. I'm starting you off on the Demotivators page - a slew of posters that will make you stop and go "What the hell?" The next paragraph is stolen -- er, I mean borrowed -- straight from their page:

AT DESPAIR, INC., we believe motivational products create unrealistic expectations, raising hopes only to dash them. That’s why we created our soul-crushingly depressing Demotivators® designs, so you can skip the delusions that motivational products induce and head straight for the disappointments that follow!

Here's the Compromise poster. http://www.despair.com/compromise.html

Once you check this site out, come back and find out what else I have to share.

In the morning there will be a drawing for one of my books - At the Mercy of Her Pleasure, or For Women Only. To enter, post a wacky site that's a favorite of yours.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Good morning Kayelle,

Great site. Found several items I might just have to order ~grinz~

Michelle

12:19 PM  
Blogger Kayelle Allen said...

I love the one about destiny. "You were meant for me. Perhaps as a punishment." LOL - BDSM anyone?

Kayelle

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders