Sunday, February 19, 2006

Everyday Sexy


No I do not refer to having sex everyday (because as I get older I find the very thought…exhausting!). Instead I refer to those things which occur every day but which somehow come to be…well…sexy!

Or maybe sensual is the word.

I’m a very sensate person. I like to touch, smell, taste, and experience everything. My husband thinks it’s cute and sometimes funny, that I get up early of a morning just to ‘inspect the troops’. In fact what I’m doing is wandering through the early morning mist, feeling it brush past my face and standing in the garden, inspecting my newly sprung vegetable seedlings! While I stand there, I absorb the smell of morning, the feel of the dew on the grass beneath my feet and listen to the morning chatter of all the birds in our trees. I feel very tranquil and also extraordinarily alive while just quietly being a part of the world.

I have male friend, who finds pregnant women devastatingly sexy (dangerous, yes?). I know why this is, it’s biological. Pregnant women exude the same hormones as a fertile woman ovulating (not much less dangerous). So while it’s easy to explain, it doesn’t stop my friend from groaning every time a ‘blooming’, pregnant woman walks past!

I also have a mate who told me how he loves to watch his wife cook. For some reason, this struck me as incredibly romantic and sensual (perhaps because I also love to cook). So I wrote a story for them and thought I would share it with you today.

Food For The Soul

Dropping his case at the door, he smells food. Good food. Aromas waft down the hall enticing him further into the house. Welcome home the smells tempt, come see what we have in store for you. How can one resist such invitation? Experience says there are fabulous things awaiting his return.
Treading quietly on carpet, he sneaks up on the kitchen to lean on the doorframe and watch. Tenderness swells his heart. The frippery of an apron is not for his woman. His goddess cooks in a halter neck sundress and bare feet. She knows he’s there. He can see it in the set of her spine.
She turns slowly to greet him. Not leaving the bench, just turning her head. Then the smile -- the welcome that leaves him speechless daily. Her mouth is magical. A mouth that appreciates chocolate and sweet as much as the salt and tang of life is a rarity. Occasionally he arrives to see those lips singing. Small prayers, invoking the magic of everyday miracles.
“Hey.” Daily worries are washed away in her coffee flavoured voice. Duly welcomed he may enter her domain. Nerves relax, almost liquefying in the soothing world she’s created. Some days he walks up behind her, wraps her in his arms and inhales the smell of her over that of the food. Other times they talk. What’s happened in the world while they weren’t paying attention? Who had a baby? What about him? What problems and what triumphs ? Life and its moments conglomerate in her kitchen. Tonight he just wants to sit. To feel.
She’s making a laksa. Red onion, chilli and a myriad of other mysterious ingredients are sizzling. It’s a shame he missed her using the mortar and pestle. He loves the way she concentrates when she does. The small furrow between her brows, the chance of a bead of sweat to trickle down her throat and disappear. Maybe later…
Coconut milk eases the frantic rush of heat she created. Now liquid swirls to her will, languorous and smooth, warming from the bottom up. Lime leaves, lemon juice, more wondrous elements pour from her fingers like blessings on the needy.
She’s happy with his silence. The quiet ease that comes with peace and knowledge, twines and blends with the exotic scents, so he can breathe and imbibe it. Each inhalation is enough to sustain him.
There’s seafood on the bench. Fish, prawns, crab, all are shelled, chopped and ready. She likes her kitchen organized. Without looking she can lay a hand upon whatever she wants and there is no need for rushing. Watching her, he reins back his own desire to rush. Better to enjoy the simmer.
He loves watching her eat. Even white teeth that nibble, the way her tongue will lick at a stray drop before she smiles guiltily at him with lips that appreciate the giving as much as taking. Later she’ll taste of tonight’s magic, all cream and tang with the shocking flash of heat kept ‘til last, just to surprise him when he’s too confident of her.
Just one taste, one small dip into promise.
She smiles against his mouth. “Wanna try the specialty of the day?”
“But what about the food?” Even as he speaks, his heart is pounding.
Again the sexy grin that reaches all the way to her eyes. “Lets start with a little food for the soul…”

So here’s the deal. You tell me about your ‘everyday sexy’ and I’ll select one of you to receive a gift pack of products, each item somehow relating to one of my heroines as all of them have their own ‘foibles’ too!

10 Comments:

Blogger Krissy said...

"Everyday sexy" - This one is easy, I love the morning conversations I have with my husband. We aren't quite awake and we look our worst. There's something sensual about how slow we move, how quiet we speak and how we snuggle more under the covers on cold mornings.

Tina

9:46 AM  
Blogger robynl said...

'Everyday sexy' for me is: I love to be around dh when he is outside working. I walk around with him and we chat and , when needed, I hand him a hammer, nails or help him carry lumber. I also love going with him to the farm and help with the chores or just sometimes sit in the truck and wait. We have great times on the drive out=sometimes just talking about trivial things. It's the just being with each other.
*An aunt once commented that I sure like being around my dh and she wished she had spent more time with her dh before he passed away.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Sherrill Quinn said...

Bec, I don't have a dh or significant other at the moment... I just wanted to comment on the story. What a beautiful gift for your friend. :)

12:30 PM  
Blogger Darragha! said...

My husband comes home from work at 10:45 p.m. I work days; he works swing. Every night, he wakes me up with a kiss and asks if I want to make love. For sixteen years he's done this. I, apparently, don't even wake up fully and do quite a bit of mumbling about "being asleep" -- but I know he's with me. Loving me. Pestering me for sex when I've been sound asleep for 2 hours...God...I love my husband!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

I don't have a significant other, but for me "everyday sexy" would probably be just watching him work in the yard or around the house and being with him. Or laughing with him...I love to laugh and would find it very sexy if I could just laugh with him over something. It doesn't matter what we would be laughing at...just some common connection. A shared sense of humor is great!

Maybe someday I'll find this guy!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Mahaira said...

Hmmm, Bec, every morining when I come out of the bathroom after my shower, hubby just zeros in on me. He just loves the wet feel of me, my hair and always has little *naughty* totally-inappropriate-suggestions-for-that-time of the day. It has been 3 years and 1 kid and he has never stopped doing it. *sigh*

I just love it when he comes home from work and is all tired and sweaty with his shirt sleeves rolled up. He just takes me in his arms and we just stand there for a minute or two. I just forget everything when he does that.

Mahaira

One cheerful, loving snowflake holds the weight to cause an avalanche of peace & joy." Michael Levy

4:15 PM  
Blogger Jaynie said...

I love watching hubby with the kids. There's nothing like a man with no shirt mowing the lawn, but for some reason he looks even sexier with 3 small munchkins plodding along behind with their plastic mowers.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Jeanette J said...

Everyday Sexy for me is watching my husband cook dinner for me...for no reason or occasion...just because he wants to do something nice for me

5:55 PM  
Blogger Kayelle Allen said...

My everyday sexy is when we putter around in the kitchen in the evening. He unloads the dishwasher while I'm fixing dinner. The two of us don't need to say a word. It's just nice having him there - being a part of my transition from work to home, sharing a chore.

Love that man!

9:28 PM  
Blogger ChristyJan said...

Everday sexy for me is having my husband wrap his arms around me in bed at night and say: Come here and let me hold you. We've been married for 27 years and he's always done that. When we're apart it is sooooo hard to even try and go to sleep at night without being in his arms.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders