Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Snacktime with Heidi!

Hello everyone, I'm H. E. McVay, a new LSB author. I've been debating what to post in my SEx blog and in the end, I'm still undecided, so please bear with me. I'll talk a little about myself as well as give a general update on the world of "Heidi". It's a little world, so it won't take long. *lol*.

On the writing front, I'm on the final pages of the rough draft of the Sequel to Avatar's Awakening. AA will be released through LSB soon, and hopefully certain people will enjoy the sequel (Rebirth) enough to give that one a go as well.

On the personal front, I've spent the last 2 weeks here in lovely, but cold, Durham, North Carolina to visit my family here. My ears thanked me the moment I got off the plane. Sometimes I forget what good it does my heart to hear a Southern accent again. Life in Washington remains active, if a bit dull. So I make my own fun by writing. :)

I'd love to hear from ya'll, and making trouble is a specialty of mine. So here's a thought provoking question for you. Go ahead and have a great time. What is the thing you love most about yourself? It can be any features that's a part of you. What makes you, uniquely you?

My answer? So glad you asked. I love my fingers. I'm a writer, so I bet you can figure out why, smart people that you are!

So come on! Share what makes you tick.

I'll be flying today, but will check back on the blog to see your answers after I arrive home!

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thing I really, really love about myself at the moment is my hair. It's not exactly a natural asset -- it's a bright, purpley red -- but it's cheerful and fun, especially now, in the depths of winter.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Sherrill Quinn said...

My eyes. They're blue flecked with green. Got a little from both parents. :)

10:05 AM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

"What makes you, uniquely you?" My piercings, tattoos and mohawk.

I like my clever wit and sense of humor. But, it doesn't seem to win me prizes in here so I guess I'm not all that hilarious. lol!
*sniff* I liked my response to the scorpion quiz....

11:35 AM  
Blogger Darragha! said...

Heidi...I know we've discussed this before...but where are you in Washington? We're about an hour away from each other, right?

Darragha

11:44 AM  
Blogger Darragha! said...

What makes me, uniquely me?

So many things! I'm half Egyptian/half Irish. I have very dark hair and eyes and one heck of an attitude. HA!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Dee S Knight and Anne Krist said...

Gosh, so many of the things that make me unique aren't particularly positive, lol. I think I have a decent sense of humor. And empathy. God! I've got tons and tons of empathy.

Meljprincess, stop whining. Your answers to the scorpio quiz were very amusing. So was my answer but you don't see me saying I should have been recognized, do you? Okay. If your wonderful and refreshing wit didn't win you a prize, GET OVER IT.

See? Empathy.

Dee
www.deesknight.com

12:44 PM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

I was kidding! I was kidding!

In the immortal words of Rizzo from GREASE - "Some people are so touchy."

Love ya, Sweet Dee. *G*

2:27 PM  
Blogger Jaynie said...

I love that I'm weird and strange and different in the real world, but come online and I'm just one of the crowd *g*

2:43 PM  
Blogger Dee S Knight and Anne Krist said...

meljprincess I'm not touchy but I am touched.

Love ya back.

Dee
www.deesknight.com

3:54 PM  
Blogger Dakota Cassidy said...

um...um...

I have NO CLUE? LOLLOL

My snarky mouth and my eyes, if I'm pressed. My eyes are black and not because MIchelle Hoppe beat me up. LOLLOL

Dakota :)

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, melj and dee, we did love both of your scorpion comments, but it just turned out that entertaining wit (like virtue)was going to have to be its own reward this time.

6:53 PM  
Blogger jennyowl said...

My ankles. They're slender and feminine looking, now if I can just reduce my hips...

7:13 PM  
Blogger Dee S Knight and Anne Krist said...

"it just turned out that entertaining wit (like virtue)was going to have to be its own reward this time."

Jan that's what my mom always said, too, but I keep hoping. Oh well.

Dee
www.deesknight.com

9:30 PM  
Blogger Kayelle Allen said...

LOL - Dee, your empathy is amazing. We should all be so blessed. *snort*

So, what's my favorite thing about me? I like that I'm willing to change.

I no longer feel like I have to cater to everyone. I can say "no" and not feel guilty. I can refuse things without having to explain.

I have always been a "people pleaser", even as a little girl. So this change in my life is long overdue. A class on stress management recently totally opened my eyes to some things.

I like being open to change. So, can I get a little empathy over here, or what?

11:16 PM  
Blogger Mahaira said...

Heidi,

I love alot of things about my body. My smile (hubby says my smilemade him marry me). I really love my fingers and my hands are pretty. I occasionally kept long nails that were perfectly filed and painted but that was before my baby.

What a great topic! Any posts on positive body-image are a great thing, and something we really need to have around. This has put me in such a good mood.

Mahaira

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders