Friday, December 30, 2005

Let's Hear it for the Geeks!

I know, I know. Everybody loves an alpha hero. But I have a dirty little secret. I . . . (hangs head in shame) I love the geeks! There! I said it! (taking a deep breath). I can’t help it.

In high school I was never attracted to the jocks. Oh no. I got heated over the book worms and computer nerds. Could I tell my girlfriends this embarrassing secret? Hell, no! I had to keep it hidden away for all those years.

My taste for geeks followed me all through college, too. Sure, if I’d been asked, I’d have gone on dates with the hot guys. But the ones I loved talking to the most were the nerds. They always intrigued me. They stimulated my mind. I could talk to them for hours on end. But would they ever ask me out? Hell, no! *Sigh*

I’ve had a crush on Richard Dreyfuss forever. From the first time I saw him in The Goodbye Girl, to watching him in Stakeout. Come on. Can you honestly tell me you didn’t think he was sexy as all get-out in Stakeout? Tell me the truth.

I also had a mad crush on Eric Stoltz. You all remember him from Some Kind of Wonderful? He most definitely wasn’t the alpha heart-throb in that movie. But my heart just pitter-patters when I see a soft-spoken, shy geek. I don’t know what it is.

And a man in glasses. *SWOOOON* WOW! You guys watch CSI New York? The bespeckled detective Danny Messer? Ooooh yeah, baby! (Fanning herself). He’s tough AND kind of geeky. WOWZA!!

The Brad Pitts and Tom Cruises don’t do anything for me. Something about a guy who is prettier than me really bugs me. I like a guy with character. I love a beta, intelligent thinker. That’s the kind of guy that gets my heart racing. And a geek with a sense of humor? *Sigh*

Do I like the tough guy? Yeah. I do. I do love a kick-ass, well-muscled man as much as any woman does. But, I mean, that’s the kind of guy I’d like to do the nasty with. But I wouldn’t marry him. *Grin*

What about you?

To win a $10.00 gift certificate from Borders, tell me your dirty little secret! It can be anything! And don’t hold back now! We want to hear the dirty details!

13 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie Dee said...

Tracy, I've found my soul mate in you! I, too, absofuckinglutely loved Eric Stoltz in Some Kind of Wonderful.
I love the geeky, unusual, imperfect man. They eyes matter so much more than the body. I can't get totally flutter-bellied by a pair of eyes. Have you ever noticed that Jude Law has no shoulders to speak of? His physique is trim but not buff. But damn, the eyes more than make up for it!
Say it, sister! Preach the gospel of sexy geek boys to the uninitiated.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Bonnie Dee said...

That is, I CAN get flutter-bellied by a pair of eyes. And why isn't there an edit function in blogging?

10:29 AM  
Blogger jennyowl said...

Oh Tracy, I am secretly fond of geeks too. Intelligence is very sexy in itself and I love the ones who are attractive in an understated, grow-upon-you sort of way, without the vanity that comes with obvious good looks. They just give you a sense of reliability that screams perfect husband material.

In fact, my first crush was on a bespectacled classmate who takes computing. He's very smart, kind and helpful and he has the longest eyelashes I've ever seen.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Denise McDonald said...

Hello {waves hand} me too - but mine is much worse. Do you remember Riptide? Perry King, Joe Penny and ... Thom Bray - I adored the man. Geek to the max, thick glasses poinky hair and all - and he was it for me. I can never tell my hubby this as he uh, kinda has the same persona to me -

11:54 AM  
Blogger Christy Gissendaner said...

Although I did like Eric in SKOW, I typically go for the cuties instead of the geeks. Shameful I know, but that's me. But I do have a mad crush on John Malkovich. Does that count?

Robin
www.robindanner.com

12:03 PM  
Blogger Dakota Cassidy said...

I, myself, am holding out for John Cusack.

Shoot, I hope I don't have to hold out too long. LOL

Dakota :)

12:15 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I married a geek and I have to say they're hot.

There's something sexy about a man who can fix your computer and pays enough attention in bed to know exactly how you like and want it.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, being a stealth geek myself (one who hopefully doesn't look like the stereotypical geek) I am all for a man who can talk to me at my level. Yes, my hubby and I can discuss the merits of the Star Trek captains past and present. We can go in depth as to why Darth Vader went bad. It's important to have a mate who understands you and boy does my hubby get me. So my long answer is wound up this way...gimme the geek over the jock any day!!

Serena (again responding as anonymous..one of these days I'll figure it out...lol)

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree - gimme a geek over a jock any day! I married my geek...he won me over by bringing me lollipops at work! He was so shy, he used to leave them on my desk. So sweet! :) We've been married for 30 years now!

2:38 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Hart said...

No argument from me about Geeks! Those of you who read my debut erotica romance, LOVE LESSONS, know the hero is a software designer geek who is totally unaware how sexy he is, especially to the heroine who gives him the "lessons."

Anyone see the film DISCLOSURE? That casting was SO wrong. Michael Douglas as a geek? Hello! That role belonged to someone like James Spader or Ed Norton. Michael Douglas was both too old and too sophisticated for the role. JMO.

Nessie

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I married a geek -- and have been happily married for 33 years. There is something about brains and sex that just go together. Geeks are often very creative lovers and very, very giving.

So, let's hear it for geeks. Women love to read about alphas, but if they're smart, they'll go for the geek for the long term.

Rae Morgan

7:32 PM  
Blogger Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

LOL Bonnie :)

Sorry I couldn't respond to these earlier, all. I was travelling from Montreal.

But it sure looks like I'm not alone in my Geek Love :)

9:07 PM  
Blogger Amie Stuart said...

I am SOOOOOOO late but i have to say Edward Norton is a GOD!!!!!! LOL

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders