Saturday, December 31, 2005

Face to Face

12/31/05 Ebook download winners: Pam P., Jillian and HappyReader...please email me at darraghafoster @ earthlink.net (no spaces) with your choice: Love's Second Sight or The Orca King. Thanks! -- Darragha









I like "face to face" hero/heroine pictures. I've posted a few of my favorites. The African and the Valkyrie are poser images I commissioned for my novella "Devil's Food Kate." It's in a holding pattern with another publisher right now, and if I don't hear something soon, I'm pulling it and submitting it to LSB. LSB is, amongst other things, responsive. I think it would do very well as a Liquid Silver Book!

Here is it...12/31/05. A 'last day.' Or is it just 'another day?'
In the movie, "Dark Chrystal" Aughra, a wise woman (who I do a great impersonation of) says: End, begin, all the same. Big change. Sometimes good. Sometimes bad.

I've been chanting for 25 years. When I have the "sometimes bad" thing crop up, I look at it from my now-innate Buddhist perspective and keep on chanting. 2005 had lots of "bads." To restate, 2005 had lots of challenges. My beloved husband was diagnosed with kidney disease and after the first round of "traditional" drugs that made him more ill, we've turned to a naturopath for assistance. That, and prayer. Lots of it. And Denny is doing pretty darn well!

We painted the house (okay...we hired someone...), put up a new shed with an apartment in it (now rented to a nephew) and a deck. The dog had to be sent to her next great adventure after a biting incident. My 18 year old cat is still purring and sitting right here next to me as I type!

I sold "The Orca King" to Liquid Silver Books. Gods, I love Liquid Silver! Such good people to work for and with.

And now, about that picture...It's Tristan and Isolde by John William Waterhouse. I love it. Tristan is gorgeous. And the painting oozes romance...

8 Comments:

Blogger jennyowl said...

Hi Darragha, I'm glad to hear Denny's doing well. I wish you and yours good health, success and happiness in the new year.

1:01 PM  
Blogger jennyowl said...

I came down with a long term disease last year so my hope for the new year is to take good care of my health and get the disease under control.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Darragha! said...

Thanks, Jenny. Your AlphaSmart Dana has been shipped, too! :)

1:12 PM  
Blogger jennyowl said...

Thanks, Darragha, I'll let you know when I got it.

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darragha --

I agree 2005 has been a rough year in my household, healthwise, also. So, hugs to you and Denny.

And we love having you at LSB!!

Rae Morgan

6:13 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Hart said...

Darragha,
I'm glad you're at Liquid Silver Books, too. Bring Devil's Food Kate. Love the graphic, love the title, love the story idea!

Happy new year!

Nessie

6:36 PM  
Blogger Darragha! said...

Well, chickens...it's 3:45 p.m PST and I must close my computer and start making bacon-wrapped dates for my SIL's b-day party tonight. Funny thing...she said "Bring your favorite comfort food. Incidently, your favorite comfort food is bacon-wrapped dates." Right.

I should be home in bed, asleep by 11:00 tonight. Big Buddhisty day tomorrow. Must be well rested.

I'm down to maybe a half day of organizing and my office will be complete.

Be well, friends. I'll post winners tomorrow!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

The last picture is SExy as hell! I love it! *sigh*

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders