Thursday, May 11, 2006

On the road again!

It's been an eventful week here at my sister's house. I'm visiting home again, for the 4 times in as many months. (I just can't stay away!)

I arrived late last week, and by the time the weekend rolled around, I was right back in the swing of things. In the midst of the edits for Scion's Rebirth, and trying to get the ball toward to the middle of the mountain that is Fate's Decree, my laptop died a horrid, painful death. I don't want to go into it, but let's just say it involved a toddler, drool, and a fall from a table, and leave it at that.

Bad news, I'm doing the edits for SR, completely by hand, god bless the people at LSB for being such troopers, they don't know anything about this up until this blog. In fact, the only people who do know are the insurance company, and my family. I'm hoping that Cameron the Compaq will be either repaired or replaced by the end of next week, putting me back on schedule for the new book.

The highlight of my week though, has been my husband's return from sea a few days before I left. He'd been gone for almost 2 full months and I missed him so much.

I was reminded when he returned, just why I married this man. We got married very young by any standards. I was all of 21 and he was 23. By any modern measure, that's really a tender age to marry at. And I don't deny that it was not the most informed decision we ever made, but fortunately, through hard work and sheer tenaticity, we're still together and still going strong. I was surprised though, how after all these years, (six on the 20th), he can STILL give me butterflies. Ours was never an exceedingly passionate affair. There are rarely any explosions or fireworks that are not methane-induced. We are content and happy and used to each other. I adore my husband and I do love him passionately, madly sometimes. But it's strange to realize at the oddest moments that I have a 'crush' on him.

It's a far cry from the stuff that I write, passion and intrigue. My question for you, dear fellow bloggers, is this- If you had the chance, which would you take? A passionate affair that had no chance of succeeding, replete with mind-blowing sex, or a long-term secure relationship with as much passion as a two week old banana in the bottom bin of your refrigerator? That's your question, security, or sex?

5 Comments:

Blogger Meljprincess said...

A passionate affair that had no chance of succeeding, replete with mind-blowing sex.

Story of my life.

9:25 AM  
Blogger robynl said...

a long-term secure relationship with as much passion as a two week old banana: without a doubt, no hesitation and for sure I would take the above. I love to feel secure along with having some passion.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Bonnie Dee said...

Security. Without a moment's hesitation. I have it. I depend on it.
I can imagine all the torrid affairs in the world but I wouldn't want to live with that upheaval. Tempestuous relationships are only good in stories.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Estella said...

Security, without a doubt.

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't help thinking that a long-term, secure relationship tends to mean that both partners enjoy each other and accept each other fully. Wouldn't that mean that one could share with each other the things that excite and make us feel sexy? Granted it takes work at times what with work, children and day to day problems.

little lamb lost

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders