Friday, May 12, 2006

Dakota and Michelle do Daytona - Act II

Daytona Beach, Florida. Everything you wanted to know and maybe a little more – sort of.

According to the research we’ve done the number one tourist attraction in Daytona Beach is – drum roll please ----- the beach. Duh! we’d of never guessed that one in a million years.

Actually, we’ve discovered that RT is not the only exciting thing going on in Daytona the week we will be visiting this fair city. Nope, the list is endless. Well, not endless, but it’s big.

Here are a few of your choices:

Daytona Beach Thunder Indoor Football
Spring Family Beach Break
Daytona Cubs Baseball
“Sophisticated Ladies: The Art of Theatrical Couture”
“Pippin”
Jeep Beach 2006

Hmmmm, indoor football. Why? I thought Florida was the land of sunshine, so why would they play football indoors?

It's hot in Fla--they have AC inside, silly

Oh, right.

Spring family beach break – I’m wondering if the Spring family does this every year and why would we need to know this. Perhaps we will get a chance to meet them and ask.

You go look for them. I'll wait for you back at the hotel, k? LOL

Lazy butt.

Cubs baseball – are we talking bear cubs or alligator cubs? Either way I think I’ll skip it.

Sigh

LOL

Jeep Beach – now according to the site, this is a celebration of everything Jeep. I’m packing my earplugs because the last time I ventured into a Jeep event here in Washington the roar of engines caused my eyes to cross and twitch. Yep it was a fun fest with twenty-four hour “roar of engines”. Day and night "roar of engines". Who wants to sleep anyway "roar of engines"…oy’s!

Betcha some hot guys are there

Watch out cover models, you’ve got competition!!

As for the Sophisticated Ladies, this one may be a winner. Here is the information direct and in person from their site:

“Partnering with Seaside Music Theatre in celebration of their 30th anniversary, the Museum will showcase 12 original dresses designed and assembled by SMT's award-winning team for some of its show-stopping Broadway productions. Dazzling, show-stopping dresses from Aida, Follies, Jekyll & Hyde and Hello Dolly!. Also featured will be drawings, fashion sketches and production photographs. The Museum of Arts & Sciences is located at 352 S Nova Road in Daytona Beach. Hours are 9am to 5pm: Monday through Saturday and 11am to 5pm on Sunday. Admission prices are: $12.95 for adults, $9.95 for seniors, $5.95 for children 6-17, $4.95 for members and children 5 and under are free.”

The WHO? We can't attend anyway. We ain't sophisticated...not by a long shot

Not the Who, darling, they are a singing group. These are ladies. And we is to sophisticated. Think glitter.

Our ongoing search for all the important stuff on Daytona Beach continues and updates will be posted during this two day Dakota and Michelle marathon, so come back often.

Oh, and if you haven’t entered the contest yet, read the first post: Dakota and Michelle do Daytona to get all the details on entering.

YAY, come back and enter!

Dakota
Michelle

13 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

LOL...you crack me up!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Darragha! said...

I really want a new keychain. If any "freebies" are keychains, will you please snag me one? Am I asking for too much? A damned keychain? I am coveting square plastic keytags, but haven't found one "inspiring" enough to purchase. Oh, I could buy 250 of the things and design my own, of course. Not today!

Not going to RT. Darn thing always happens at the wrong time for me to be away from home, however. Oh, well!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Maura Anderson said...

Hamburger museum - is that where a hungry werewolf goes? Or maybe a vegetarian werewolf goes to commune with a past existance.

Oh, i know - a vampire goes to mourn his favorite food, now lost to him....

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. Another great blog.

3:23 PM  
Blogger Pamk said...

Okay Ladies I can see that daytona will never be the same. lol. Hope you have a great trip. Since I can't talk hubby into going for the weekend. I guess I'll get to stay home

5:27 PM  
Blogger LadyVampire2u said...

Well, it sounds like you have alot of things to do with your free time while out there for RT. But no matter what, I know you two will have fun. When you two are together, nothing is ever the same and everyone is always having a great time around you.
~April

6:06 PM  
Blogger FD said...

How much free time authors do have at RT? :o

Paula (the one not going)

6:58 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hiya Caffey, thanks for stoppin by, darlin. Of course we will do our best to have a blast, we may even have a drink or two.

~grabbing the glue again~ sorry about that Jennifer Y.

I'll see what I can do Darragha.

Maura, babe, darlin....there are alligators and cover models in Daytona. Wolfie and Vampie can go gator huntin.

Thank you anonymous

Bonita, darlin...you have a safe trip and enjoy.

Well darn it, PamK. Tell him he must go and try stomping your foot. ~smiles~

~smiles~ Thank you April, that's so sweet of you to say. pssssst Dakota, did you read that ~soft sigh~

Poor Paula, (the one not going), this year we will have more free time from RT sponsored events, not that it will make much difference to Dakota and I, since we spend a lot of time in the bar before, during, and after RT sponsored events. LOLOL

8:14 PM  
Blogger jennyowl said...

I think we need to send an advance warning to the people of Daytona that there's *several* natural disaster heading their way. LOL

10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a blast.

Lee Anne

2:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again!
Just want to say this already has me cracking up, and I KNOW what kind of trouble you two can get into at DB.....
See you next week!

5:10 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

LOLOLOL, ya think, Jennybrat?

~smiles~ yes, Caffey, we will find a McD's

Hiya Paula (who is going, trouble?
Who us? Can't wait to see you babe.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

You two are so funny! I absolutely cannot wait to meet you!
Wow! All these activities going on. And here I was going to Venice Beach (west coast...beautiful!), Cassadega and spend a huge amount of money at the booksigning. I think I'll stick to my plans.

Darragha, funny you'd bring up keychains. I have one with an alligator foot. Ladies, you really should get one while in FL at a tourist shop near you.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders