Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Under a Rogue Moon


When I start writing a story, I know two things. I know my ending, and I know I'm going to miss it when it's gone. There's no thought about what's going to happen to it, whether I'll get to share it with others or not. I live in a fervor for the weeks it takes to get it out of my head and onto my laptop, and then when I type The End, I push my chair back and wish it didn't have to end.

But it doesn't always have to end. Not for my newest story, Under a Rogue Moon. Because I've been so very fortunate to be able to work with Liquid Silver in bringing it to others who might choose to walk in the world I did. It's the world of demonhunter Flanna McRae, a schism of training and preparation in her quiet English home and a week out of every month where she goes on the prowl for werewolves. Under a Rogue Moon begins at the end of a disastrous hunt for Flanna, where one of a pack she is hunting escapes. She returns to her normal life, unknowing that she has now been targeted by the last remaining werewolf. It takes the arrival of another demonhunter, Jason Randolph, for Flanna to learn the truth. The relationship that develops between Jason and Flanna is heated, to say the least, but as a lot of my stories tend to be, their love story is wrapped tightly with the action going on around them.

The excerpt available on the website is chapter one of the book. Later this morning, I'm going to post another excerpt from the beginning of chapter three. To celebrate my first LSB release, I'll be giving away a free copy of Under a Rogue Moon. All you have to do is leave a comment on either this post or the excerpt, and at the end of the day, I'll pick one lucky winner at random. :)

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!

I'm at work and don't know if I'll see you excerpt until later this afternoon/evening.

I am so happy for you and happy for me for a new story to read.

Manoah

1:24 PM  
Blogger KourtTears said...

I've read your novels on Linden Bay Romance and I'm so excited for you that one of your novels has made it to print. I'm going to order it as soon as I get my paycheck next week.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The cover looks great. It sounds like it will be very good.

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a very good beginning to what looks to be an exciting story. I hate that I've fallen behind on your stories and need to catch up again.

1:40 PM  
Blogger jennyowl said...

Hi Vivien, your story sounds great and that cover and title goes so well together. Do you have a website?

1:54 PM  
Blogger mylescorcoran said...

Hi Vivien, what a COOL! cover! The teaser makes it sound fun too. Congratulations!

Flanna is an unusual name. The web says it's Gaelic but it's new to me. Scots? What made you choose it?

BTW. This is Sammywol who is apparently stuck inside her husband's blog account.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

Sounds great!

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the book's arrival! I'm very excited to read it. Werewolves are a favorite topic of mine!!

Kim

2:45 PM  
Blogger Estella said...

I love werewolf stories! Can't wait to read it.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Pamk said...

wow this sounds like a good read. Can't wait to read it. Neat idea for a book.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the blue eyes.. reminds me of someone else you write about.

Congratulations with your latest publication. Enjoyed Chains.. ready to read another of your creations.


Pam S

8:54 PM  
Blogger LadyVampire2u said...

A book I definitely have to read and it has an awesome cover! ~April

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders