Monday, April 10, 2006

The Tool Returns

So, for those of you who joined in the discussion the last time, we were discussing what to call my boyfriend / significant other / partner. I think we settled on “Tool.” It has a certain ring, and it is often true :) We are now a few months into the relationship, and things are going well.

This time the question at hand is equally as frivolous, but has all kinds of possibilities… what to do, what to do.

Tool is a great guy who definitely doesn’t need any help in the “tool” department, but every relationship can use some variety (thank you Michelle for this spin-off idea). Now, he’s a little less outgoing than I – let me just say a couple of words: Virgo and Engineer. He fits the part. So, Tool gets a little embarrassed when I bring up things that may be considered by some to be risqué… yes, we are talking about things in the Tool Department. I am the adventurous type that will try almost anything once (unless there’s a strong possibility of putting out an eye). And while there are no complaints being registered at the service desk at my friendly hardware store, there’s always room for some good clean / dirty fun. I’ve never had a shy bone in my body (until now and I hope you all get the pun)… So, while my Romance Kit has been well stocked for years, I don’t think he’s ever had one… The first time he peered in the drawer beside my bed was the last. I thought he was going to run from the room. But to his credit, he just politely shut the drawer and turned out the light. Just the sight of the creative toys must have been enough for him – rock on, Tool!

The question: How have you introduced new bedroom toys to your timid Tools?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL -- I laughed myself off my chair! Hahaha, I loved the "never had a shy bone in my body 'til now." Dirty, dirty girl!

Ahem, on to more serious matters. Very few of the men I've dated have been intimidated by my toys -- most LOVE them AND the fact that I write erotica. (Let me tell you, nothing like watching a guy, er, lose it while reading one of your books. It. Is. Amazing.)

But the last guy (he was WEIRD, let me tell you) was quite scandalized. See, I bought this little device called "The Tongue," and it actually does look like, well...a tongue. He "asked" to see it -- there was no forcing on my part. It swirled, it licked, and it completely scared the hell out of him. Who knows? Maybe he was afraid it was more talented than his own tongue. I never gave him the chance to find out.

I did, however, laugh hysterically. Almost fell off the bed.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Darragha! said...

I am toyless.
I have only my husband's tongue, which works just fine, thank you very much.

:) D.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Krissy said...

DH thankfully is not intimidated by my toys...I do have to confess to not owning anything quiet scandalous. Just a few vibrators...and not to rival DH's Tool, perhaps that helps eliminate the intimidation factor. Of course being a petite person at an even 5 feet. I can't imagine having something 12+ inches inside me. EEK!

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane - I have to say that reading erotic romance books certainly opens the mind to alot of new possibilities. And since I've been married for almost 26 years, well having some new ideas is alot of fun. I have to admit my husband was definitely more open minded to new adventures in our bedroom but now that you have all helped me find my stride - well it's a bit of role reversal - depending on my mood which makes it downright more fun. He doesn't know what to expect and sometimes I will tease him about it all day long which gets everything moving in the right direction. It is definitely more fun now!

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders