Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Riding the Line

Hi everyone!

The publishing of Riding the Line was a long time coming, well, it seemed long to me anyway. It's one of the first stories I started but not the first story I submitted to Liquid Silver. I stopped writing it to write my two shorter stories for A Faerie Tale anthology with Tiffany Aaron, Rae Monet and Jodi Lynn Copeland and Zodiac: Aquarius with Vanessa Hart. Recognize any of those names? It's practically a Who's Who list at Liquid Silver! While I knew I liked my writing, I felt very much the "Freshman" hanging out with a bunch of "Seniors"! (High School analogy, not old people! LOL)

When those two stories were finished I sat back and took stock of the stories I had started. RTL had the most words and when I sat down to re-read what I'd written I feel in love with the story all over again and just had to finish it. Many of you know I have two crazy boys, 5 & 7, as well as take care of my 75 yr old Grandmother so my writing time is very limited. It took me about 5 months to complete it, add to that the production time for cover, editing, etc... You get the picture.

So while I've already had two stories published, this "technically" is my debut novella. Me. All by myself. Alone. Can you feel the panic setting in? ;)


What about you?

Tell me about a time you took that leap of faith,
no one holding your hand, and stepped off the cliff.

Was it singing a solo?
Was it not waiting for that HOT guy across the bar to notice you,
so you bought him a drink?

I want to know so I don't feel so alone in the spotlight! LOL
Everyone who posts today will be entered to win a copy of Riding the Line!

PS: I'll be back in a bit w/ some hotties for ya too! ;)

13 Comments:

Blogger T.A.Chase said...

Hmm...buying HOT guy across the bar a drink...brings back memories. Oh sorry. You don't want to hear about that. :)

Biggest risk? Being true to myself even though it wasn't the popular or conventional way. And knowing that my choices might end up hurting people I cared about.

It's an awesome book, Paige. Thank you for taking that risk and jumping from that cliff.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

Sounds like a good book and what a great cover!

The biggest leap that I took was probably going away to college. It was the first time that I had ever been away from home for longer than a week. It was also the first time that I was completely on my own. I was TERRIBLY homesick, but managed to last all 4 years (even if I did come home many weekends and for the summer). It was a great experience.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Darragha! said...

July 24, 1988.
I literally "sat upright and saw the truth" of my life.
I did not want to be married any longer to my drug-addicted first husband.
I did not want to continue spiraling into an abyss caused by his destructive lifestyle.
The freedom I felt at that precise moment in my life was awe-inspiring. I'm still inspired. And remarried to MR. RIGHT, without the drama of addictions affecting our relationship.

I have experienced a moment of absolute freedom. I took a great leap from the bottom of the Well of Michael (the ex), reached the edge, pulled myself up and over...and took off running!

Darragha

3:25 PM  
Blogger Sherrill Quinn said...

Well, Jennifer Y. took my answer. At 18, I moved 650 miles away from home to go to college. It was hard--my first Christmas I couldn't make it home and all the frickin radio stations seemed to play "I'll Be Home For Christmas" back to back. I bawled like a baby for the two weeks of the break. But, looking back, it was one of the best decisions I ever made. The second big leap was quitting my job, and picking up and moving to Arizona without another job. The most recent big leap was quitting my last job so I could write. Woo-eeeee. Talk about a ride! LOL

3:32 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

paige, darlin,

congrats on the release of this oh so fab novel.

i don't leap sweetie, it's very unbabelike ya know?

~grinz~

michelle

3:59 PM  
Blogger Sherrill Quinn said...

Paige wrote: You just seem to be launching from one cliff to another babe!

Tell me how come I don't get any thinner, climbing up these cliffs so I can jump off 'em. Hmmm?

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First...this book is awesome. I just finished reading it. What? What do you mean "Aren't you at work, Jenna?" What does that have to do with anything?

April 12, 2006...Jenna goes Speed Dating. All. By. Her. Self. (And Jenna never does anything all by herself. She always takes a wing (wo)man along for back up. And why yes, this does involve this quiet little mouse talking did you read that part? TALKING to 10 guys. I feel ill.)

T.A. that is a must tell story. I'm waaaaaiting.

4:21 PM  
Blogger jennyowl said...

Taking part in a faculty karaoke competition all by myself was a leap of faith for me.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Dakota Cassidy said...

congrats on the release, sweets!

Dakota :)

7:52 PM  
Blogger Pamk said...

I started taking Karate at 38 lol. Which it and of itself was a leap of faith since I was old and overwieght. But then when it came to be tested for the first time I had to stand up in front of the whole class which were kids and teenagers with the exception of another lady name rose. That was hard but i did it and I passed. I'm sure that my kata was not executed flawlessly but I did it. I absolutely hate getting up in front of a bunch of people.

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe getting married was a big leap of faith for me. After having lived with an abusive father and a codependent mother it was hard for me to be able to trust myself to not follow the pattern. Unfortunately, my maternal grandfather was also an abuser so this was a cycle. I am glad it was finally broken with me.

11:26 PM  
Blogger catt said...

the biggest leap i took was coming back home, finding the guy i liked, ran to him and gave him a big kiss, best thing i ever did, he's now my husband of 12 years!

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Biggest leap of faith? Watching my husband go through a stroke and thinking that nothing was going to be alright again.
It was hard. I had to make myself believe that he was not only going to survive but get better.
We're still working on the getting better part but my leap of faith kept him with me. He doesn't talk so well right now but he did say that he remembered me telling him that he was not allowed to leave me and that gave him the strength to fight. I totally believe in faith and taking every leap to make things happen.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders