Saturday, April 01, 2006

Happy April Fools Day

Grateful greetings--

I know I promised you all a laugh riot in my SEx blog today, but April Fools! I'll do that later. Right now I'm in a serious, contemplative and even spiritual space. Yes, it happens. Silly Cindy has a serious side.

First of all, yesterday would have been my mother's birthday. She was my hero. I kept getting reminders of all the wonderful things about her and all she imparted to me all day. Anyway, I pulled one heck of an April Fools Day joke on her years ago that she never forgot. My mom was a nightowl. It was asking a lot for her to drag her body out of bed in the morning, but she made my dad his breakfast every day then she'd go back to bed as soon as she kissed him Goodbye.

She was the deepest sleeper I ever knew. One April Fool's Day when I was all ready for school and she was back in bed for a couple more hours of shut-eye, I walked in and said, "Hi Mom. I'm home." *Gasp.* "Aren't you out of bed yet?" I made her think she had slept the whole day away. She shot out of bed like she'd been fired out of a cannon.

\\My dh e-mailed me this joke yesterday: Perfect for April Fool's Day!

DEAR TIDE:

I am writing to say what an excellent product you have! I've used
it all of my married life, as my Mom always told me it was the best.
Now that I am in my fifties I find it even better! In fact, about a
month ago, I spilled some red wine on my new white blouse. My
inconsiderate and uncaring husband started to belittle me about how
clumsy I was, and generally started becoming a pain in the neck. One
thing led to another and somehow I ended up with his blood on my new
white blouse!

I grabbed my bottle of Tide with bleach alternative, and to my surprise
and satisfaction, all of the stains came out! In fact, the stains came out
so well the detectives who came by yesterday told me that theDNA tests
on my blouse were negative and then my attorney called and said that I
was no longer considered a suspect in the disappearance of my husband.
What a relief! Going through menopause is bad enough without being a
murder suspect! I thank you, once again, for having a great product.
Well, gotta go, have to write to the Hefty bag people.

3 Comments:

Blogger Krissy said...

Cyndi-

I loved that Tide joke. Too Funny! Gratitude is an important thing. My rule of thumb for most things is "What will I regret not doing on my deathbed?" It won't be working more hours at my J.O.B., it won't be having the latest technical stuff (I still don't have cable or satellite TV) and it won't be killing myself to be the envy of Martha Stewart. Having said that, I'm grateful for my family, my friends and accomplishing personal goals (no matter how insignificant they may seem to others).

Gratitude is a very important thing.

Tina

10:41 AM  
Blogger Sherrill Quinn said...

My mom is the quintissential April Fool's prankster. She never failed to get each one of us as we came downstairs in the morning, still yawning and scratching our... well, you know. Then she'd laugh and laugh... and tries to blame my orneriness on my dad's side of the family.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Pamk said...

rofl i love that joke. Makes perfect since to me.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders