Tuesday, January 31, 2006

No Saints here....

Hi everyone! Rhiannon Neeley here. As Dee mentioned, I am here this afternoon to talk about our latest release, I'm No Saint, Valentine.

My story, Sindulgence, centers on a happily divorced woman 'of an age' and a younger man that could make anyone's mouth water just by breathing... (well, in my opinion anyway...I have sort of a crush on Devon Lake).

There is still a stigma that an 'older' woman shouldn't be with a younger man. Really. Even now. Sure it's okay for an older man to be with a younger woman. No one looks twice. But switch it around and people think, "wow, look at her. She's old enough to be his ____" Just fill in the blank.

Personally, I think that line of thinking is wrong. Double standard. So what if an older woman snags a young hottie. As long as they're not hurting anyone, what's wrong with it?

What are your thoughts on the subject? I say, if you're free to...go for it.

Rhiannon

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

I agree that there is a bit of a double standard when it comes to older men and women with younger partners. I personally don't think age should matter.

I really want to read this story. The excerpt that I read from it on your site sounds good.

4:30 PM  
Blogger jennyowl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:33 PM  
Blogger jennyowl said...

I had an attractive younger man at work interested in me once and I was both flattered and conscious of how my colleagues and parents (they are very traditional)would perceive us. I didn't let things go further because of that. Now I wish I had the guts to do it.

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also agree that the double standard is wrong. If a man is interested in an older woman age should not matter. I enjoyed the excerpt.

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your excerpt!

I married a younger man -for two weeks we are the same age and then I turn into "the old lady" again. :) My dh and I always laugh about it - he teases me that I robbed the cradle (even though he's not that much younger than me.

I think that age really shouldn't matter.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Kayelle Allen said...

I love OWYM stories. They're my favorite. My dh is a whole 3 days younger than I am. =^_^= My first book was about an older heroine and her younger hero, and of course the empress in my series keeps a stable full of hot young things (she's well over 40).

Oddly in our society, women who initiate teen boys into 'manhood' are said to be doing them a favor. Yet an older man who initiates a teen girl into sex is a child molester. I firmly believe that it's just as wrong for an older woman to seduce a teen boy - it's never seduction when a minor is involved.

I do, however, think there is something outrageously seductive about a young MAN who is seduced by an older woman. *fans self*

Okay, now that I've revealed a secret fantasy in public, I'll go quietly.

Loved your excerpt! I thought it was Dee's until I scrolled down a ways. (oops) Definitely want to read this.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders