Saturday, January 28, 2006

Creating the Perfect Man

SEx ... Silver Expressions

In the world of romance writing, there is a neverending search for the perfect hero. Alas, as we all muddle through real life, we we realize that these wonderful men found in stories do not exist. I'm determined not to give up hope. In fact, I have decided to go in search of a way to create the perfect man. The question is: how? Well, I've come up with a few ideas and I'm wondering which would be the one a reader would enjoy most.


Cyber Boyfriend

Imagine a web site where you could input all your wants and needs and the perfect man would show up on your doorstep in two to three business days. If you don't like him, you can return him and get one that's more your size. The only problem is where does reality start and fantasy end.


Doll turned Boyfriend

In a kinky sort of Pinocchio story, it would be nice to build the perfect man from the foot up, giving great detail to the important parts in between. Considering I myself have no visual artistic talent, I wouldn't know where to begin. But how about a sculptor who has taken it upon herself to create the perfect man in stone. When he begins haunting her dreams, her deepest desire is fulfilled when he comes to life. How can she keep him around forever?


Working with what you got

As imperfect as he is, just about every woman has a dream man in her life she'd like to tweak into shape. In my case, I'd like to hit him over the head with a frying pan a few times to make him come to his senses. Wouldn't it be nice to have a little concoction for him to drink and he magically tansforms into what I want him to be?

13 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa Hart said...

The only thing keeping my man from being perfect is he can't sing. Can not carry a tune in a bucket.

I can live with that!

Nessie

12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Nessie. Mine can't sing -- heck, he can't even hum. Oh and if he would learn to put his things away where he could find them -- that would be nice. I have enough trouble keeping track of my stuff, let alone his.

Rae Morgan

12:56 PM  
Blogger Trista Ann Michaels said...

LOL. Mine can't sing either, but do you think that stops him???

My desk gets more of his clutter than my own. While he's at work I get my desk cleaned off and neat, the second he comes home and gets on the computer it's like a cyclone hit it. And then he just walks away and leaves it there!!!

So he goes to work and I end up cleaning it off again. So starts the cycle of my married life...:(

What I would like to change is picking up after himself, putting his toys and papers away, stop expecting me to do everything for him.

Okay, I should probably stop now before I get carried away...LOL.

Trista

1:28 PM  
Blogger jennyowl said...

Hi Erin, I'm still searching for my dream man so any of your suggestions would work for me. LOL

1:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think I would like the cyber boyfriend. Tell them exactly what you want and you get it in a couple of days. Of course if I was a sculptor or artist, the doll boyfriend would be good too.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Hart said...

there some peach song he sings "let me feel your peaches and shake your tree" LOL

Robin49, that's "Space Cowboy" by Steve Miller. *LOL* It goes
You're the cutest thing that I ever did see.
I really love your peaches, want to shake your trees.


I'd say your guy's a real romantic!
Nessie

3:31 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Hart said...

Oops! I mean "Tree" not "trees" LOL

3:32 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

LOL! For a story, i love those first two ideas. Reality is more like the first part of option number 3, though. Don't think i'd want to damage a frying pan by using it in that manner though...how about a broom handle instead, or a baseball bat (too heavy duty? ok, a tennis racket)

Elizabeth
http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/elizabethsreviews (join and be eligible to win a $5 GC! - authors & readers)

5:14 PM  
Blogger Erin Katz said...

Yeah, I think I'd like to find a website to create the perfect man. With my luck though, I'd have to keep replacing the batteries.
Erin

8:18 PM  
Blogger Pamk said...

I just need to tweak mine lol. Not completely change him from the ground up. So I love your suggestion to give him something to drink to fix certain things. I would definitely make mine quit smoking.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Kayelle Allen said...

Perfect man... I've been married 32 years and while neither of us are perfect, he tells me he loves me every day, rubs my feet, cuddles me at night to keep me warm, and always remembers to put the seat down. Gee, he even runs the water for my bath and dries my back when I get out.

I have a feeling I didn't do anything to deserve him - I think he just loves me because that's the warm wonderful guy he is.

Gotta love it.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Mahaira said...

Well, Erin, it all depends upon the question as to whether you want a physically perfect or an emotionally perfect hero.

Personally, I don't mind physical imperfections. If my hero loves me and shows it in one way or the other, I'll feel that I am the luckiest girl alive.

Anyway, I would make mine drink a concoction so that he does more of that stuff that Kayelle's hubby does to her.

Mahaira

10:55 PM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

Could you imagine? THE STEPFORD HUSBAND. HA! Then I'd have to use the frying pan.

If we were all perfect, life would be so booooring.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders