Thursday, July 20, 2006

30 and 1/3 years ago today...


What? You don't believe me? What if I said 32, would that go over? Fine, somewhere between 33 and 35 years ago today I was born. Bet you didn't know it was such a momentus occasion did ya?

I remember when I was in high school, looking at my teachers and coaches and thinking, "Man, are they old!" They were in their 30's. So I sit here, 1am because me and Mr. B went to see Pirates and wonder, am I old? Do I feel old? Do I look old? Do I sound old?

*Am I old?

I'd have to say no on this one. At 16 everyone is old, plus teachers are authority figures, that always makes people old. So I'll wait till I hit the big 40 I'll address the question again.

*Do I feel old?


Yes and no. Yes, my body doesn't do the same things it did when I was in my 20's. My right knee aches and I don't know why. My back hurts although that's from sitting at the computer a lot. So far my vision and hearing are intact, although Mr. B would have to say something about my hearing...or maybe that's my listening. :) No, in that I'm happier and more knowledgable than I was then. I make better choices. A big NO for the sex drive as well. For those of you not yet 30, it's like a light switch goes on and your libido hits the nos button and kicks it into high gear. I swear on my pinky toe.

*Do I look old?

Again, I would have to say no, of course I don't look "old" but do I look my age? Not really. I'm blessed with my mother's genes and look a bit younger than my years. I always love to see what the kidlets (twenty-somethings I work with at Starbucks) have to say when they finally get the nerves to ask me how old I am. "How old you do think I am?" I say with an evil glint in my eyes. Either they are scared shitless and guess 26-28 or I do look younger than I am. What do you think? (mmuuuuuaaaahhhhh)

*Do I sound old?

Voice wise I'd say no, but damn if I understand what some of these 20iers say! For example...
"Holla" translates to What's up? or For Sure. or You know it. or a myriad ofther things as well. Really, the list is huge, you can check out some of the bomb ass shit here. (Seriously, what the hell is that!? LOL.) My music choices are pretty current, not quite yet old school, but I'm sure that's on the horizon.

My sister sent me a link for a website called RealAge. You answer questions and in the end, it caclulates your "real age". At first I was a little miffed, she's only 17 months younger than I am so she's not that far behind me in age blah blah blah. But you know what? I filled out the questionaire and ended up being 30 and 1/3 yrs old, so I'll take that.

You don't have to fill out the questionaire if you don't want, but you might be surprised at the results.

You tell me. What do you feel is your "Real Age" and why?

I'll be choosing a winner from today's post for a e-book from my backlist (which I'm working on making bigger! lol) and a hand crafted wooden bookmark from Costa Rica.

27 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy birthday dear Paige,
happy birthday to you.

5:36 AM  
Blogger ksurbeck said...

Happy Birthday to you - cha cha cha
Happy Birthday to you -- wee wee wee
Happy Birthday dear PAIGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Happy Birthday to you. Be sending you a picture of a man already for your youthful minstrations
Kally

6:12 AM  
Blogger catt said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! mine is next month i'll be 31 sheesh.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday my friend!!

Doncha know? You're 25 today!!

8:21 AM  
Blogger T.A.Chase said...

Happy Birthday, dear. Hope it's a great one.

You're beautiful no matter what age you are. :)

8:51 AM  
Blogger LISA WILLIAMS said...

Happy Birthday to you. As the saying goes, you are as old as you feel. So some days I feel older and other days I feel younger, lol.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Hope u have a good one!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Shuck Ying said...

Have a great Birthday! The body is old but the mind is certainly young, lol.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Deborah Chan said...

Happy Birthday! Just enjoy your special day!

9:51 AM  
Blogger jennyowl said...

Happy Birthday! Age is only a number.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I believe age is a matter of the mind. I am 38 and some days I feel older. Other days I feel younger.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

Happy Birthday!

Some days I feel older and some days I feel younger than my real age.

11:19 AM  
Blogger robynl said...

Happy Birthday Paige and many more to come.

I agree with many that some times I feel older than I really am b/c of the knees creaking and cracking as I go down the stairs, b/c of having a hard time getting the knees to do their part as I try to get up from kneeling on the floor, etc.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Paige,
I don't think that you are old even though sometimes you probably feel it.

I think that age is in the heart. And that you live like you are young than you will always be at least 10 years younger than you really are

Have a FANTASTIC birthday

love ya lots

11:45 AM  
Blogger Darragha! said...

A very happy day, sister!
I'll send the Devil King over with a basket of chocolate for you :)

12:01 PM  
Blogger Roxy Harte said...

Happy Birthday!
I can tell you from experience the best is yet to come!
If the raging "I have to have sex NOW!" hormones haven't hit yet...they will and it's the best present the universe gives us in our mid-thirties!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Bonnie Dee said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have the best day of your life and something unexpected and exciting (good exciting not scary exciting) happens to you.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Happy Birthday Paige!
My hubby's birthday is today too!
Some days I feel older, some days I feel younger. If I don't get enough sleep, I feel old! When I have my taekwondo classes, I feel pretty young!
The Real Age indicator puts me over 3 years younger than I really am! Woo Hoo!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

Have a fantastic birthday, Paige!
Sometimes I feel way older then I am 'cause my body's falling apart. lol!

2:46 PM  
Blogger Estella said...

Happy Birthday!
Some days I feel older than dirt and some days I don't. Of course, my kids and grandkids KNOW I'm older than dirt. All you have to do is ask them.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Estella said...

Happy Birthday!
Some days I feel older than dirt and some days I don't. Of course, my kids and grandkids KNOW I'm older than dirt. All you have to do is ask them.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Kayelle Allen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Kayelle Allen said...

ACK - I messed up my comment so I deleted it - here's what I meant to say:
------------
I hope you have a wonderful birthday! To help you celebrate, here's the birthday song in Felis, the language of the Kin people.


Mowr anodahkah s'tu
Mowr anodahkah s'tu
Mowr anodahkah te ahmee
Mowr anodahkah s'tu

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday my friend
Happy birthday to you


Tu skra fesseh anodahkah?
Did you get a birthday spanking? (If not, I have some gorgeous hunks who'd be happy to administer it...) =^_^=

6:41 PM  
Blogger ladycat713 said...

It depends on the day. Sometimes I feel 15 , others over 100. Technically , I'm 37 but don't quote me on that.

8:18 PM  
Blogger April Martinez said...

Happy Birthday, Paige!!! And if you're old, I'm old. I turned 33 this year.

The best person to ask what old is ... is someone older, much older. When I turned 30, an older lady at work said the best years of a woman's life are in her 30s because by then they've gained self-confidence and assuredness, they've gotten a foothold and have settled in their careers, and they're still young enough to go out and do stuff, have fun. The 20-somethings are still too young to know anything and just getting started in their life. The 30-somethings have already lived a little and are finally getting into the swing of things.

Also, a friend's eye doctor told her that prescriptions for those who wear glasses are still drastically changing in people's 20s. Once they hit 30, their prescription becomes more stable.

So 30-something is a very good thing to be. :)

As for the link, I have no idea what my "Real Age" is right now. I took it back when I was 27 and found out I was 23. And back when I was 24, I took a similar test with my healthcare provider, complete with breathing into something that measured lung capacity, etc., and the results told me I was 13.

So I'm hoping for yet another hopeful score this year.

Again, happy birthday! I hope it's a great one this year. :)

8:18 PM  
Blogger Tempest Knight said...

First, happy birthday Paige! Here's to many more wonderful birthdays to come! *toasts with margarita*

As for age, when people ask me I say, "Hon, I'm 20 with 21 years of experience." *lol* My cousin, who's 6 months younger, emailed me on my b-day and asked me how it felt to be 41. I was like, "Uh?" I live a day at the time. I don't look back. I don't even bother looking back. What for? So I can miss all the beautiful things that are coming to me?

Age is how you feel, not what you have. So yes, I'm 41, and I feel better than when I was 20. I look hotter, and men find me sexier. *winks and grins*

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Paige!

Hope you enjoy yourself today and everyday! Being thirtyish was a fun time! (I hit 30 twenty-four years ago - not quite as much fun now - the mind's willing but the body's not!) LOL :)

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders