Sunday, March 05, 2006

SEx ... Silver Expressions

SEx ... Silver Expressions
Okay, I'm still a little new to this blogging thing and I'm not sure where the rules are all the time.

Anyway, with my latest contracted work, Love Potion Number Sixty-Nine, I've wanted to expand more into the world of paranormal erotica. Next stop -- the world of vampires.

Luckily, I've read the Anne Rice version of vampires and of course, I've seen Dracula: Dead and Loving It (I prefer the funnier side of paranormal) a hundred times. So, I'd think I'm off to a good start.

However, I have an issue with a vampire being able to spend happily ever after with a mortal. For some reason, I don't find a vampire biting his lady love and bringing her to the world of the undead very romantic. So, I'm devising a cure of sorts for the vampirism.

If anyone has any comments on the subject, I'd be happy to hear them. . . .
Erin Katz

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

I also prefer the funnier side of paranormal. I love humor in books as well. I can read and view the non-funny (is that a word? LOL) paranormal andenjoy it. But it is interesting to see a humorous side to a somewhat serious subject (bloodsucking and the undead).

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do like to see humor in paranormal books.

I also like a happily ever after ending to them too! Any other kind of ending kind of ruins a book for me....

What kind of cure for vampirism were you thinking of?

12:52 PM  
Blogger Pamk said...

I like funny and non funny alike as long as there is a good and well written story. Me personally I would prefer to become a vamp. But if your talking a cure that allows all the strengths of the vamp without the icky sucking blood then that works for me. lol. I kind of like the living forever with supernatural strength and the ones that can time travel and do all kinds of cool stuff.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Sherrill Quinn said...

Well, at least we've come a long way with our vampires from what they were in legends. Icky reanimated corpses who rose at night to attack their family members. Yuck. Ick. Phooey!

My favorite vampire movies are (in no particular order) Love At First Bite, Dracula Dead And Loving It, and Abbott & Costellow Meet Frankenstein. So... what does that tell you about me? Think I maybe prefer the funnier side of vamps? *g*

2:01 PM  
Blogger jennyowl said...

I've read a few books where the vampire become mortal. I find the Sherrilyn Kenyon ones pretty kewl because they still have their powers even after becoming mortal.

Another author had the hero and the heroine lose their memory to protect the vampire world from exposure. I didn't really like that part because they've forgotten all they've been through and they were like meeting for the first time although in their heart they recognised each other.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Cynthya said...

I have to admit I feel a letdown in books where the vampire hero becomes mortal. I much prefer for them both to live happily ever after--forever. If I'm going to embrace the whole vampire concept then the process of turning someone into a vampire isn't icky, in fact it could be very loving and erotic.

I do like humor in my paranormal books, but I also like serious ones. The funny ones (I'm thinking MaryJanice Davidson, Lynsay Sands, Charlaine Harris, etc.) can be great escapism.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders