Thursday, December 01, 2005

Drunk & Disorderly

Okay so I'm not drunk. I was told several times to not imbibe when I was blogging today so I'm sober. Disorderly is another thing entirely.

I've been freaking out. What do I blog about? I stalked everyone: my loops, my blog. And everyone told me the same thing "Oh, Jenna, you'll do fine." Then I witnessed Vanessa's sex day. I have to follow a blog on sex. Talk about a hard act to follow.

I thought of doing a theme but another confession: I really suck at themes so every one of you - hooped. You are soooo hooped. Heck...I'm hooped. Cuz I have nothing.

I briefly thought of telling about a day in the life of me, because let's face it, I'm very important people. However I'm also absolutely dull. I work, I check my blog and email. I pretend I write but mostly I delete. *cough* Love me my editors!

It was suggested I recycle one of my own blogs. Gasp! Are you kidding me? I tried. Really but I thought, "What if they love my random babbling on SEx then go to my blog and find out that I'm a hack?" God...where's my paper bag? Let me take a few minutes as I hyperventilate.

I was told to brag about my friends. They rock. 'Nuf about them.

So what does that leave me with? Not much.

I'm here for one reason. Well, two if you count dumb effin' luck. All my life I said "When I grow up, I'm going to be a writer." I didn't realize that as long as I was writing *cough...writing, Jenna...see that...wri-ting* I was a writer. For me there have always been words. Words in my eyes, words in my head. I live in Jennaland. It's a nice place. Heroes galore, heroines that make me feel dowdy and dull, and adventures. Ooh the adventures. Where else but in Jennaland do I get to kill the bad guys, bag the sexy guy while partaking in raunchy monkey sex and solve all my personal issues? Oh yeah, Jennaland rocks.

A year ago my critique partner (one of my rockin' friends so ya know) told me about the LSB Zodiac contest. Did I listen to her? Um...no. "What," I said as stared at the rules, "do I know about Zodiac signs?" Well, I'm Pisces and...and...and. 'Nuf said. So no matter how many times I went and checked out the contest rules, I vowed I wasn't going to enter the contest. I almost didn't until one night (1 a.m.) this sultry voice said "My name is Scorpio and I'm assassin."

"Yeah," says I, "and your point is?" Wow, me, I'm thinking.

"I'm your heroine."

Uh. Pardon me. Say what?

Okay, my heroines have never made a living with a sniper rifle. They're librarians, booksellers, secretaries. Nice girls. They aren't crack shots. So, with an armed Mattie (my characters haunt me - they usually carry a weapon and they threaten me. Bastards.) I wrote. I wrote fast because *ahem* I only had a month. Nothing like a little pressure and a gun-totting heroine to make me sweat. Jennaland, I was learning, was a dangerous place to visit. What happened to all the la-la and fairydust sprinkling down like rain? Nope. Bullet brass, villains who needed to die and dark. Oh it was dark. I was in paradise.

It's because of my crit partner Kate that I'm blogging today about nothing. First she found LSB. Second she said "Hey, it's a contract if you win." Third she said "I looove Mattie. Can I be Mattie?" She gave me the courage to follow my dreams. No. That's not true. She pretty much pushed me off the cliff and talked me through the hyperventilating when I hit send with my contest entry. Did the landing hurt? Nah, my mom put me in gymnastics to teach me how to fall (I fall a lot). She says it was because I was bendy but truth is she had to know her favorite child (sorry bro but it's true) was a klutz and needed to know how to roll when she was falling face first to the ground.

So, my blog concludes with nothing being said. But visit today so I don't feel like a total loser and I'll give a non-LSBer a copy of Scorpio.

Now...is it too early to have that drink?

31 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa Hart said...

I feel your pain, Jenna! *LOL*

Nessie

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course. Since I don't drink you can have mine too.

Anna T.S.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Estella said...

Hi Jenna, I think you did just fine blogging---I don't drink, so you can have my drink too.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Nicely done Jenna. Can I visit Jennaland someday? Sounds like my kind of place ~grinz~. I do drink, so you can't have mine. But, the bottle of HQ is on the counter so help yourself.

Michelle Hoppe
www.michellehoppe.com

9:40 AM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

Always listen to those voices in your head, Jenna. *G*

Hi, my name is Mel and I'm a Leo..
Yea, go ahead and have a drinky poo. But, have something sexy like scotch.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...y'all make me sound like a lush. I'm not. Really. *g*. At my first chat I was nervous. Had a drink. Things...*cough* went down hill from there because my bud was also drinking and no one can potty up a conversation like we can. Just watch. lol.

I just had to follow Vanessa's sex day. It sucks to follow a sex day. Tomorrow's blog will undoubtedly be sex and people will say "Wow, I wonder what happened Thursday." Too which I'll say "Me." And heads will nod in understanding.

I can "comment" like nobody's business (telling ya stuff you never wanted to know about me) but when it comes to blogs...man, it's like knowing you're going to have a pop quiz and you still don't study.

Sigh.

But thanks for coming to play with me. I'm going to pretend I work by staring at this newsletter and shuffling papers. But really, I'm wondering when I can have another hit of blog crack. Sad. I'm so sad.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

I wish today were a sex day. Nothing but sex, sex and more sex.
But, alas, I have to go the Y and work out. *G*

You're doing great, Jenna!
"hit of blog crack"...HAHAHA! Good one.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Bonnie Dee said...

That's Nessie's sex day, not Bonnie's. I picked 'everyone's greatest fear' not near as amusing a topic!

Inside one's head is a great place to be. There are always interesting stories going on.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Sherrill Quinn said...

You did beautifully, darling. As always. Even your "nothing" blogs are funny as he...ck.

Just remember. When you visit Jennaland, stick close to the heroes. They're packin' and can protect you from all the dawk and scawy things out there.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonnie Dee said...
That's Nessie's sex day, not Bonnie's. I picked 'everyone's greatest fear' not near as amusing a topic!

Darn it. I knew that. I changed it last night. I swear. I went and changed it. *blush*. I remember the fear because I went on and on and on about heights and flying. Sigh. I blame the lack of booze.

See Sherrill? I'm sober and falling apart. Sigh. lol.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, another Pisces. Watch the drinking -- even cyber-drinking can become addictive to us Pisces-types. And your Jenna-land sounds like Rae-land. I like dark, edgy stories filled with alpha-heroes and the women who stand up to them. You go, girl.

Rae Morgan

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're doing great, Jenna. Love your blog and you can always make me laugh.

Nancy

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you have nothing to blog about? HA! You've made my day with your crystal wit and a sense of humor which always has me doubled over.

You blog is great, Jenna. And Scorpio is even better. Loved the book and have recommended it to several people.

And by the way, since you can't drink while blogging, are you willing to share?

Please don't ever lose your special charm.

11:41 AM  
Blogger mb0435 said...

Hi Jenna, you did great! I get very rambly when I blog so now I don't feel bad, you made my day! Buying Scorpio has just gone to the top of my to do list, a gun toting assassin heroine? Got best seller written all over it! :O)

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear. Kate's here.

Y'all are in trouble now.

I'm doin' a'right. How you doin? (by the way - we can do this for hours...hours...days. Whatever. We're sad, sad people.)

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suck.

Just thought of what would have been a brilliant blog. It was a fantastic comment. I'm really good at comments.

I suck.

Pass the amarula, my friend.

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Save that thought and make arrangements to blog again. You've made me curious.

What's amarula? Sounds sexy.

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thnak you, Kate, says Sloane as she's running out the door to the nearest booze house.

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jenna! For someone who didn't have anything to say you sure made me laugh. I have to read about Scorpio. I love how she introduced herself to you. Can I visit Jennaland? I'd like to hang out with your sexy heroes and heroines too.

Maria

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica,

I have extremely mouthy characters. Ask anyone. They boss me around. Beat up my furniture. Eat my food (and I don't have any thanks to Jenny Craig) Then just when the story starts to get good, they take a hike. It's a painful process. The come around, harass me then poof...gone. A drive by write-zone. I'm badgering my four guys to come back because, dang, I really need to finish something. Submit something. I suppose it would help if I stayed away from blog-crack. Sigh. Those bastards. A few months ago all I heard was "blah, blah, blah," and then ...nothing. Bastards.

I should make them wear women's underwear and skirts. That will get them good and mad. Yeah. You hear that my bad boys...you're wearing frills and lace now.

Um...I have to go now. Because, well, they carry guns and I can't run very fast.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Sherrill Quinn said...

Jennaland. Where men are men, and women are women, and Jenna... well, Jenna runs scared and just tries to stay out of the way. LOL

In all seriousness, when her characters do decide to talk, they have great things to say. If you haven't bought Scorpio yet, go. Now. Don't wait. Now. You'll be glad you did.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Hart said...

Hey, Maria, I just e-mailed you your winning book. Let me know when you receive it, okay? I still need to hear from Ru Mery Bast.

Jenna, are you drunk yet, honey? I see a lot of your bloggers have given you their drinks. Here's mine, too. I'm trying to quit *LOL*

Nessie,

3:22 PM  
Blogger Vanessa Hart said...

I just had to follow Vanessa's sex day. It sucks to follow a sex day. Tomorrow's blog will undoubtedly be sex and people will say "Wow, I wonder what happened Thursday." Too which I'll say "Me." And heads will nod in understanding.

Jenna, every day is sex day here at SEx!

Nessie ;)

3:24 PM  
Blogger jennyowl said...

Jenna, being published is a great achievement, have a drink on me. :)

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...so nice to see new faces. Cuz most of the posters are my friends and, well, they own the book already. At least *tries a fierce, menacing scowl* they should. (Did ya believe my threat? Did ya?)

Ahh...Paige. They only laugh when I pull out the whip. Cuz then they whip out their Glocks in a demented game of rocks, paper, scissors and since I don't have a rocket launcher in my back pocket, those bastards always win.

I need new men in my head (she says with a tired sigh while a chorus of laughter fills my head).

I'm going to go pretend I'm a writer for awhile. That darned word file is taunting me.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Loved your blog. I have put your book Scorpio on my to buy list.

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hick* I don't know if ish the scosh or the ama..ama...ama...African stuff but *hick* you galsh are the besht. (Gee...I do that really well, don't I? Whistles innocently.)

Gawd. The day keeps getting greyer and greyer. If it's snowing when I go home in an hour, I'm going to be pissed.

Just popping in to shake the cage a bit. Rattle it up. Know why? Because when I type, I look like I'm working, since I'm not slumped in my chair and howling when I read a good blog. Always thinking ahead. Yep. That's me - employee of the month. *cough*

5:27 PM  
Blogger Maya Reynolds said...

Just stopping by to support another Brazen Hussy.

You go, Jenn.

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenna,

You are soooo funny! I've really enjoyed your blog today. When you get home, you should make up some hot wassail to drink! It's a favorite holiday drink of mine. Tastes like a fruit drink, but really packs a punch! You'll sleep really good tonight....maybe won't feel so good in the morning if you drink too many but.....you'll feel really good tonight!

6:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo, go Jenna! I told you it'd be fantastic, and, voila!, 'tis! I giggled my way through that one (as I always do when something's got your name attached to it), and now I want to try some of this cream liquor. Mmmm.

Lily (who is also putting off work...but since I don't have that really, really hot boss, anymore, I can't, er, "distract" myself with anything other than my computer.)

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heeey...stragglers.

Aren't ya glad I haven't drawn a name yet?

I'm doing last minute laundry (9 pm) because I was watching Fight Club. What the hell?? That's all I can say. I still can't figure it out. Sigh. I suppose I'll have to watch it...again. Oh well. ;)

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders