Sunday, June 18, 2006

What a busy Father's day!

Already I've taken dh to the airport. He's being deployed to Germany...hopefully back by fall. Oy! So I rushed back home to blog and before I have lunch with my own father. My dad is one of those guys who rarely says "I love you." He grew up in the age when men didn't show emotion. My mom will make me hug him before I leave today - It'll be painful for both of us.

My father is an avid fisherman - my fondest memories are fishing with him when I was a kid. Ironically Fishing Openers in my part of the country are on Mother's Day. That doesn't seem right. So my big plan is to lunch with my parents.

For those of us in the states how are you spending Father's day? For those outside of the US - what are you doing today? Enjoy it however you choose to spend it.

Love,

Tina

3 Comments:

Blogger Estella said...

My usband and I are spending the afternoon at his cousins wedding reception.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hi Tina,

Germany is a long ways away. I hope you have lots to keep you busy while your cute hubby is away. I really enjoyed meeting him at RT, a great guy. You're a lucky woman, darlin.

I don't have any father's day plans. Mine passed away years ago. I do get the house all to myself tonight because my son is joining his sisters in doing the fathers day thing with their father, so it should be a quiet night around here.

Michelle

2:55 PM  
Blogger Krissy said...

Thanks for your well wishes Michelle. I have teenagers and the summers they plan to keep me busy. By the time life gets hectic and we go back to school. DH will be home.

So I went to town today to take my father to lunch and no answer. I guess he worked last night and so he was sleeping. He called me today to see when my kids would be showing their critters at the local fair...he's all about this small town stuff we got goin' on up here in the Dakotas.

Our local fair opened this weekend. I love going to those things. Anyone have favorite fair food they'd like to share. Mine was always Caramel Apples. Seemed they were the right amount of sweet, sticky and juicy on a hot day.

Love,

Tina

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders