Friday, June 16, 2006

SExing it a little early

Hi y'all! My name is Bridget Midway, and I'm a---oh, wrong group!

Hope Bonnie Dee doesn't mind me stepping in early on my SEx day. Just like in that hit 80's song, I just can't enough. Oh I just can't get enough! Actually, except for my finger frantically typing away on my blog day, I'm running around the house like, uh, Britney Spears looking for a place to drop baby #2 (good analogy, Bridget!) because tomorrow Shara Lanel (yeah!) and I will be at our "Wicked Words" book signing event.

For those in the Tidewater area of Virginia, please come see us Saturday, June 17th from noon to 6 p.m. while we sign CD and print copies of our books. We'll also be doing a drawing to win our gift basket. Ohhhh! Ahhhh! So where is the signing? Hmm, how can I put this tactfully? It's at The Love Shack at 987 J. Clyde Morris Boulevard in Newport News, Virginia. The Love Shack is not just a B-52's song. It's an adult toy store. Hey, if touring in malls boosted Tiffany's career then making the rounds at adult toy stores should be par for the course for an erotic romance writer. By the way, I've also signed at The Pink Banana Boutique in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Don't you just love that name?

Personally, I find that people are less uptight about buying *gasp* erotica if they're in the right setting. Somehow signing That's What Friends Are For at a church sale seems wrong. Call me silly!

Anywhoo, so I'm running around trying to get things ready for the signing, making sure I have enough books and promo items and pens and, oh, a camera! So many things to grab and remember. Agh! But by tomorrow I'll be all poised and calm. Yeah, right! There will always be something that I'll forget. I normally do.

So before I get in on talking about my book, That's What Friends Are For, I want to know from you all where the strangest place you've ever purchased a book from an author. Did you catch one in an elevator and got her/him to sign it there? Or maybe in the ladies' bathroom? Or, hell, what about at an adult toy store? Or tell me where you would love to see your favorite author sign. Would you like your fave author to sit in front of Wal-Mart signing away? How about at Victoria's Secret? Hmm, actually that's not a bad idea! Let's just share. For me, the strangest place I've gotten my books from authors has been at the adult toy store is it. But I have been known to stalk an author or two at conventions and conferences. That's right, folks. I have no shame.

I'm going to take a small break to get some more of my stuff together. Procrastination, thy name is Bridget Midway! So stick around. If my head doesn't explode between now and noon tomorrow, you'll be seeing more of my blogs tonight and tomorrow.

Stay sexy!
BridgeT

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

No way! I figured you for an escalator snagger.

BridgeT

1:01 AM  
Blogger LISA WILLIAMS said...

Sorry, I have yet to meet an author personally...but the books online. Would love to see an author in person ..great suggestion in front of victoria secrets.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Deborah Chan said...

It would be great to see get an author to sign in front of a regular store like Walmart but I am not sure Walmart would go for it, lol. Since these are sexy books stores like Victoria Secrets, or other lingerie store could be wonderful places to find "new customers".

9:02 AM  
Blogger Shuck Ying said...

A classy adult store is a perfect location for a signing event. I would attend one if you come in my area, lol.

Unfortunately only have been able to buy books online.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, I don't think Wal-Mart is down for an erotica author signing next to Girl Scouts selling cookies. *LOL*

BridgeT

10:04 AM  
Blogger Meljprincess said...

I didn't buy a book from her but I met Kathryn Caskie in a bathroom.
Diane Perkins/Gaston was in the bathroom as well but I didn't know until we all left the loo. I also met Heather Graham while I was outside a motel having a cigarette.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders