Friday, February 24, 2006

New Mare in the Stable

So, here I am for my first day of blogging for Liquid Silver. For those of you who don't know me (which is pretty much everyone!), I'm Philippa Grey-Gerou, a new writer with Liquid Silver. You can just call me Grey. I'll be doing a couple of different things today, including a rant and a recipe, but I've tweaked my plan a little bit as I just found out that my first book with LSB, The Halls of Power, is coming out next week, so I'm going to be doing this *again* come March 7th! So you'll have to wait until then for the excerpts and goodies. It'll be worth the wait, I promise!

I’m really pretty excited about joining the blog team here. Hard to believe that it wasn’t that long ago I was listening to an article on NPR about the rise of these new “weblogs” and thinking how self-important these people must be to think anyone would care enough about them to read their private journal online. Little did I realize that the following year I’d be getting my own. And two years after that I’d pay good money to make it a permanent one.

Crow doesn’t taste too bad, if you use enough salt.

I really like blogging. Each one is different. I have two of my own, my private one and then my author one, plus playing here at Sex and a couple of other places. I love being able to mention that my dishwasher broke down and have two people who I have never met come together to get me a used one in good condition that I never would have found otherwise. I love getting to share experiences, like TV shows or movies or games. I like having a place to occasionally rant. Cuz I can get a rant on like nobody’s business. I like being able to tell everyone who cares to look how much certain people mean to me. I like being able to ask a question and get a whole bunch of answers in no time for stuff that I couldn’t find on the internet. ::kicks Google:: And like I said, it’s different for everyone. For some people, it’s a substitute for their pen and paper journal where they put their innermost thoughts. For some it’s a forum to discuss politics or religion or fandom or whatever rocks their socks. For some it’s a game. And it’s all good.

So, how about you? If you’re here, you obviously aren’t a newbie to the blogging community. What’s your favorite thing to do or see in someone’s journal? What drives you the most crazy? What kind of things just make you go “Huh?”

8 Comments:

Blogger jennyowl said...

Hi Philippa, I've enjoyed your writing in the past and look forward to your LSB release. It's really heartwarming to hear how your dishwasher problem was resolved. I like blogs that are irreverent, humorous or just plain snarky and favourite topics are books, authors, romance, sex and travel, not necessarily in that order LOL

9:48 AM  
Blogger Dee S Knight and Anne Krist said...

I'm sloowwwww, so I'm still at the "Someone actually reads/writes these things??" stage.

I have to admit, though, your post this morning was really about nothing (except the part about your upcoming LSB release--congrats!!) and I still read it through to the end and found it engaging. So maybe I'm being dragged into the modern age, kicking and screaming along the way.

Dee
www.deesknight.com

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a blog crack addict whore. I tried to fix my ways but, alas, no. Fell off the wagon.

It's the blogger's voice that keeps me coming back for more. I have a few *cough* blog crushes out there so I'm constantly stalking their blog's for new posts. It's the little glimpses into lives I never would have met that I become addicted too.

And plus...it's a huuuuge procrastination tool.

Congrats on the LSB release! I can't wait to read it.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Philippa Grey-Gerou said...

Thanks for asking, Paige! The last name is a combination of my mother's grandmothers' maiden names. When she started working on her master's degree, she said she was going to take that as her professional name and never did. So I used it instead! It's kind of a fun way to honor a couple of my ancestors who we all feel still have an influence in our lives.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Sherrill Quinn said...

Hi, Grey! It's amazing to me that a year ago I was going, 'Blog? What the heck's a blog?!?' and now I'm on five. Yep, count 'em. Five. My personal author one, my author group blog, and three publishers (including LSB). Oy.

I surf around to a few select blogs every day, and hit a few others a couple times a week, but rarely comment on them. It's fun to see what other people are doing/saying, and it's gratifying when I see someone else struggling with the same things I am. Cuz, ya know, misery loves company. :)

11:51 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Y. said...

Hi Grey!

Your books sounds great!

I am not really sure what I find so appealing about blogs. It is a combination of several things. Each one that I visit seems to have something different to offer. I just enjoy reading them and having fun.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Maura Anderson said...

I like blogs that reflect the personality of their owner and aren't merely a forum for announcing contests. I want to get to know (as much as you can via a blog) the person behind the stories I like.

And I agree with Jenna, it's a great procrastination device...

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi! like the entire blogging thing...really fun entry. I, too, am spending the day with repair people. Dishwasher and disposal - broken.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders