Saturday, March 18, 2006

How To Stay Young...



1. Throw out nonessential numbers.
This includes age, weight, and height.
Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay them.

2. Keep only cheerful friends.
The grouches pull you down.
(Keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches!)

3. Keep learning:
Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever.
Never let the brain get idle.
"An idle mind is the devil's workshop."
And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!

4. Enjoy the simple things

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of
time with her!

6. The tears happen:
Endure, grieve, and move on.
The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourself.
LIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love:
Whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever.

Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health:
If it is good, preserve it.
If it is unstable, improve it.
If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips.
Take a trip to the mall, even to a foreign country, but NOT to where
the guilt is

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.


What do you do to stay young?

6 Comments:

Blogger LSB Author, Darragha Foster said...

Throw out nonessential numbers.
This includes age, weight, and height.
Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay them.

Cherish your health:
If it is good, preserve it.
If it is unstable, improve it.
If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

I'm there!

2:06 PM  
Blogger robynl said...

Very good advice; love the one about surrounding yourself with the things you love.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Bec said...

What do I do to stay young?

I enjoy my children. In their early teens they're not old enough to be cynical, have the most beautifully naive openness about them, and find real laughter in life.

I grow organic vegetables. There's something miraculous about watching seeds sprout. And I'm absolutely certain that good food keeps us healthy (and therefore younger) longer.

Oh **blush** and I dance. I dance when indecisive and standing at the fridge door. I shuffle/boogey in a supermarket aisle and a song I like comes on. I dance at night clubs and around pool tables...It's a very liberating feeling (really!)

That's about it...but I'm working on the rest!

4:19 PM  
Blogger blackroze37 -tami said...

my children wont let me wear my leather anymore :(
being young and leather seem to go hand and hand, lol but my kids and even my mom tell me im too old for leather ,, but when ican i still dress young , when i go out

8:49 PM  
Blogger Jaynie R said...

Play Barbies with my daughter, do puzzles with my son and play peek a boo with my youngest. Kids keep you young and silly lol.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Pam P. said...

Keeping up with your hobbies and interests, keeping your mind active, doing what pleases you and not listening to others who say "you're too old to be doing that" - go for it!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Click here to join liquidsilverreaders
Click to join liquidsilverreaders